No announcement yet.

Essential Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should look into a local shop that does alot of custom work. Check out their work, hang around the shop, then ask them to build you a setup. It should be around the price of ES's kit, if not less.
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

exactly

it's not like the es kit was a super good price or value or anything....
      didnt include injectors, or a fuel pump, or an intercooler, or any timing device, or any sort of fuel management computer, or any dyno time...

poor clappy had to take the first dive, its sad he couldnt have had a better experience with that
      they woulda made HUGE sales/service if they pulled off his kit properly

Comment

exactly right Pigeon.. i'm sure if i woulda left my car there for another month it might have been a little better. as it was, Kevin was emailing me telling me he wanted the car out of here.. but when its not complete when i get there.. after waiting 4 months.. if he didn't have like 5 other turbo's on the go, i'm sure it would have been a better setup. Plus being in the country, the land of 350's and muscle cars.. its hard to find a turbo shop.. so i'm trying to fix this on my own.. with help from others, like pigeon.. the kit looks pretty straightforward that any turbo shop could slap it together.. Its the testing and tuning where you get your money's worth.. i didn't at all.
        98 Protege SE
        -------------------
        1.5L Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
          exactly right Pigeon.. i'm sure if i woulda left my car there for another month it might have been a little better. as it was, Kevin was emailing me telling me he wanted the car out of here.. but when its not complete when i get there.. after waiting 4 months.. if he didn't have like 5 other turbo's on the go, i'm sure it would have been a better setup. Plus being in the country, the land of 350's and muscle cars.. its hard to find a turbo shop.. so i'm trying to fix this on my own.. with help from others, like pigeon.. the kit looks pretty straightforward that any turbo shop could slap it together.. Its the testing and tuning where you get your money's worth.. i didn't at all.
          i bet if ES took their time to do it, they probably have the knowledge and resources to produce a good kit

they just seem lazy and unethical

Comment

i dunno about lazy.. he does work hard on projects.. so hard that he takes on too much at a time, and then forgets about other projects.. just unorganized...
            98 Protege SE
            -------------------
            1.5L Turbo

Comment

it's all about time management or should i say plainly better management that ES lacked. clappy how much did you spend on that kit? maybe you could fabricate and start selling it on your own. from the response on this thread you could be selling a lot, me included.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
              Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

pm clappy for more info.

Comment

yes, i thought about getting someone to fab up this turbo. but now my plans have changed.. i've since lost my cushy job with the company van blah blah blah, so i went out and bought a 90 integra. well the 90 teg i am using as a winter beater, and i have thought long and hard and have decided to take the turbo out of my 98 1.5L pro. So the turbo will be up for sale.

just an FYI, kevin was selling the kit for 3500 CAD. I haven't come to a price yet.. i'm thinking at most 2500... but just so you know the turbo will be up for sale.
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

Working...
                  X