No announcement yet.

Essential Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah looking at the pics, it looks like it is intercooled, that would be cool, im surprised you have no idea about this kit, lol when i was getting mine done, i was there everyday, helping out, and taking pics.
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Clappy is like 6 hours away from EssentialSPEED...lol

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Might want to take a look at this thread.

Essential Speed thread 1

Essential Speed thread 2

Wish I would have seen something like this before I ordered.

I suggest anyone with problems similar to this should post up. There have been way to many problems with ES.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

All, I have to say is i know what most of you are going through. You will (evetually) get ur parts, but you will have to suffer.

Comment

ya, i dont think they even care about business anymore

they could have had an ungodly amount of support from the protege community but they went and ****ed it up

they woulda been doing business all over canada and US if they just had good customer service

Comment

dont worry, shops like that dont stick around for long

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                dont worry, shops like that dont stick around for long
                I just hope they stick around long enough for me to get me CAI.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

i feel for you, as well as everyone else that has been screwed by shanty shops when trying to modify your car

its events like this that make people loose interest in tuning

Comment

It's hard to find stores that actually support the protege lineup. There are places like corksport, and others that have parts available. But for people that have Z5 engines there not support at all. Its a shame that when one actually shows up, they have to screw us over. I feel for all of you.

Comment

the only Z5 he had in the shop was mine.. so whatever he fabricated was from my car. as far as i know he only has a CAI and this turbo, which he's not offering anymore...
                      98 Protege SE
                      -------------------
                      1.5L Turbo

Comment

Can anybody point me to t thread referring to a performance shop where everyone had something positive to say???
                        This seems to happen with most of these threads, some people love the shop in question some people hate it.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                          Can anybody point me to t thread referring to a performance shop where everyone had something positive to say???
                          This seems to happen with most of these threads, some people love the shop in question some people hate it.
                          well what do you want?

there is a place in burlington DLMotorsports, I have never had him work on my car, however he has worked on my brothers WRX when he first bought it, he is honest, and he know the BP motor pretty indepth.

He is the one that provides Gen1GT with the resources to tune. His name is Mike Diell, and I havent heard from a complaint from anybody about him.

I also met a guy who mike did a custom turbo on a civic for him, and the guy was in love with it... till the car got stolen.. which his beside the point

I also met another guy who mike did a custom turbo on a VW golf, but it was stll half way done when i was there.

I havent been there in over a year, cause i had no need to... but gen1gt lives on their dyno and im pretty sure has good things to say

to be honest tho, there isnt much in our area thats good... essential speed had their chance to become huge, but was too lazy

Comment

Man this sucks i emailed Kevin and was going to take my car to canada over the winter for his storage deal to get his 1.5L turbo kit installed beings in his email he said the kit is no longer for internet sale it has to be shop installed. And after seeing this post it just pisses me off that when someone comes up with something like this for the 1.5 it has to be b/s. Their the only ones who make turbo kits, etc. for our cars right. Bastards
                            98 Protege LX 5speed
                            ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
                            Custom catback exhaust
                            Custom Intake
                            Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
                            Custom Mesh Grill
                            Clear Corner Lights
                            Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                            Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
                            Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                            Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
                            Hose Techniques hosing kit
                            Custom Valve Cover
                            Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
                            Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
                            2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
                            Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Comment

After all the problems and hassels Tim (Clappy) is having with his kit, you're sad you can't buy it?
                              My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                              - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

No, just mad that everytime something good comes along for this car you get dropped on your ass. Oh well guess i'll be going back to the drawing boards.
                                98 Protege LX 5speed
                                ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
                                Custom catback exhaust
                                Custom Intake
                                Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
                                Custom Mesh Grill
                                Clear Corner Lights
                                Custom M3 LED Mirrors
                                Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
                                Custom Flip Flop Trunk
                                Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
                                Hose Techniques hosing kit
                                Custom Valve Cover
                                Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
                                Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
                                2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
                                Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Comment

Working...
                                X