Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered water in my right side reverse light. Anyone else have this problem or know where it could be leaking in? Also I think water is leaking in around the right side of the rear window. Again, anyone else have this problem?

Comment

your trunk seal; cud be bad?

or how's ur rear garnish? did u ever change it?
      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

The trunk seals fine. Only leaks when we pour water along the window. Never taken off the garnish, but thought I should just to put some kind of sealer or something around it to see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
          Or get the K&N because it doesn't suck ass.
          Off topic but i like the way you lowered your car, what kind of springs do u got? im thinkin of gettin sum black rims for my car i was lookin @ 15-16 inches idk what i shud get.
          NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Well, right front brake is making grinding noises. Going to look at that tomorrow and replace pads, probably rotors. And god damn cause I don't have the money for this right now.

Comment

Well thankully it was only the pads. The inside of the passenger rotor has some minor grooves, but it's alright for now. Both the inside and outside pads on the passenger side were gone, all the way down to metal. Drivers side looked brand new though (?).

Comment

New grille using Gutter guard from home depot @ $1.94 for a 3x9 sheet or sumthin like that .

before pic on top and after pic on bottom . Also a MS logo came with my mazdaspeed badge so i put that on the front insted of the circle mazda logo. took like 2 hours to get perfect and some cuts from the mesh but in the end its worth it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by k00lball3r; 02-07-2010, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Looks like your headlights could use some clearing up though, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                    Looks good. Looks like your headlights could use some clearing up though, lol.

i already used crystal view headlight restorer stuff . Its foggy on the inside because when my dad "cleaned" my lights he put water on the inside and he keeps telling me that the water will evaporate in the sun which its been about 7-8 months and they are stil the same but they are better than what they used to be .

Comment

That sucks. Do what I did. I had some condensation in my lights. Just take them out and stick the hair dryer in it for a while. Clears right up.

Comment

u need to open up ur headlights and clean em from inside; while ur at it.. might as well blackhouse them.

as for the grille; i find it looks a bit tacky; if the mesh was in black it would be better; and the badging looks off;
                        if ur gonna put something.. make it look like it's supposed to be there;

i hope u don't take nEthing i have to say personal.. but if ur gonna post pics online.be prepared to take some criticism;

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                          u need to open up ur headlights and clean em from inside; while ur at it.. might as well blackhouse them.

as for the grille; i find it looks a bit tacky; if the mesh was in black it would be better; and the badging looks off;
                          if ur gonna put something.. make it look like it's supposed to be there;

i hope u don't take nEthing i have to say personal.. but if ur gonna post pics online.be prepared to take some criticism;

How i did the badge is i put the old grille that i cut outta the frame under it and then put it where the old 1 used to be and as for the headlights do u mean take the plastic off by cutting the seal? if yea how am i suppose to seal them up w/o water gettin back on the inside. I think the grille looks good for now, im only gona have the car for 2010 and next year im gettin a 8th gen civic si coupe.

Comment

it still looks tacky; ur grille would look better without the badgingg there;

and look up on youtube u'll find millions of videos; u gotta bake the headlight or use a heatgun and open up the headlight look for

"diy: blackhousing"

Comment

Thinking about changing all my lights (signals, tails/brakes, reverse, interior) with LED bulbs from Autozone. Anyone else done this before? And any opinions on the idea?

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                                it still looks tacky; ur grille would look better without the badgingg there;

and look up on youtube u'll find millions of videos; u gotta bake the headlight or use a heatgun and open up the headlight look for

"diy: blackhousing"
                                i was drivin home from work 2day in heavy ass fkin rain like goin 20mph and wipers blastin and i cud see ok, il leave the headlights alone. Grille in my opinion looks good wit the badge but i can take it on because its bein held on my clips so its removeable

Comment

Working...
                                X