No announcement yet.

Got these today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL,I had the intention of doing more updates but i havent done anything with the car for some time.
    Powered by ACME

Comment

How about those updates! LOL!
      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

werd
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Please keep knickerz on ! LOL

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          werd

Ok kids i admit i have been lacking in this thread.
          I did manage to get it to the shop recently for alignment.
          The car drives really tight.Bumps are firm but controlled.
          No see-saw effect at all.
          I still need to install the rear stab bar and the front links are shot.
          Having the camber plates for the alignment was a luxury.
          Toe was way out (ofcourse)
          I will play around with the damper adjustment and see how it impacts the ride/performance.
          Sorry for not updating but ive been busy with the ITB,s and tranny as of late.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Beerizfood; 06-28-2009, 07:50 PM.
          Powered by ACME

Comment

This is what I am getting my brain around right now too. I have all the new struts , brakes and ground control coilovers in ... but am now wondering how to adjust my rear ends camber / caster with the stock suspension.

Have you ever used the camber bolts that are on the market. They replace the stock bolts which bolt the strut to the spindles .

Comment

Originally posted by 323Permin View Post
              This is what I am getting my brain around right now too. I have all the new struts , brakes and ground control coilovers in ... but am now wondering how to adjust my rear ends camber / caster with the stock suspension.

Have you ever used the camber bolts that are on the market. They replace the stock bolts which bolt the strut to the spindles .
              Ya , i took two camber bolts for the rear with me the day of the alignment in case they were needed.It turns out i didnt use them and only had to do toe in the rear using the regular adjusters on the car.
              You wont have to worry about caster in the rear.
              Powered by ACME

Comment

how come your camber°'s aren't equal?
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  how come your camber°'s aren't equal?

The whole alignment could be tweaked,I did it on a saturday when i was off and the tech who was working at the time needed the rack to do an aligmnent so i was rushed and just went for "green".My tires are junk from the previous owner dropping the car and driving .When i get new tires i will redo it with much more fuss.
                  At least i can drive on it now.
                  Powered by ACME

Comment

i understand that, adding plates up top usually has a crazy effect on the alignment.

Comment

you don't really want equal camber on both sides anyways, since roads are crowned you would be pulling to the right if it was equal...you want more - camber on the left side so it will over come the crown and stay fairly straight.

suspension is looking great man!
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                        you don't really want equal camber on both sides anyways, since roads are crowned you would be pulling to the right if it was equal...you want more - camber on the left side so it will over come the crown and stay fairly straight.

suspension is looking great man!

LOL ya i ,i have the left front camber plate hard over to the left.Another degree of adjustment would have been nice.
                        In a pinch i will sometimes drop the right side in a bit if there is no more room left on the left side but i was outta time and had to get off the rack.