No announcement yet.

Got these today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesnt canada have its own version of harbor freight?
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
      doesnt canada have its own version of harbor freight?
      Ya we do,the HF version can be had at a place called Princess Auto or another called Busy Bee Tools.Busy Bee was back ordered till August and Princess wants $1000 for it.
      Because the origional seller on Ebay looked good to me ie 100+ feedback and seemed experienced i went ahead and ordered some tooling and stuff for the sherline.
      Powered by ACME

Comment

I always feel iffy about big ticket items from ebay.

Busy bee tools. Lol.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Those plates look awesome man. But keep in mind that the extra height added from them is above the top of the strut shaft, so any lowering you do to compensate for it is going to reduce strut travel. I tried lowering mine 1/4 to 1/2 an inch after installing Cusco plates and couldn't deal with how the car hopped through turns afterward.
          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hadoken View Post
            Those plates look awesome man. But keep in mind that the extra height added from them is above the top of the strut shaft, so any lowering you do to compensate for it is going to reduce strut travel. I tried lowering mine 1/4 to 1/2 an inch after installing Cusco plates and couldn't deal with how the car hopped through turns afterward.
            Ah ok i see what you mean ,i need to maintain the length of the strut shaft. The plate and related bearings/bushings is going to put the shaft down closer and reduce its effective travel.I was thinking that lowering the spring would compensate but it wont help(other than changing ride height).
            I will get my head around this and possibly modify the design to bring the strut shaft up higher but not through the hood .
            im gonna try incorporating a caster plate and if it sits on top of the main plate then the shaft length will increase.
            Powered by ACME

Comment

To everything turn turn turn.

OK this is more like it ,Mini machine shop showed up today.
              Just waiting for some of the tooling to show up and i can get back to work
              on the struts.
              Only thing now is to figure out what all those turn wheel thingy's do.
              Attached Files
              Powered by ACME

Comment

Badass!!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I see 2 stepper motors there. CNC lathe right out of the box??
                  Drew
                  '95 EGT 1.8
                  T
                  '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                  '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
                    I see 2 stepper motors there. CNC lathe right out of the box??
                    Ya the lathe was built by a company that took the sherline cnc lathe and added their controllers,power supply ,case etc and sold it as a product.

I have a 3 axis stepper kit for the mill to install later.Actually 4 axis with the rotary table.

I injured my knee at work and Mrs Beer said ATV had to go so this is my new "safer" hobby.