• Show
Clear All

"Twins Basil, TWINS!"
    sigpic My cardomain

Comment

"Twins Basil, TWINS!"

hahahaha

Comment

Nice project, I wanna do this to my Lynx once you get all the bugs sorted out.

Comment

have you gotten the second p5 running yet?
          Legendary Build LINK>

Comment

Every time I read about someone doing a v6 swap they seem to never finish it. This kills me I need to see one completed if I decide to do one myself. I got so many links for this swap yet no one has every finished thier's that I know of. You shall taunt me no more.... Just kidding now stop wanting to have a life & finish this PLEASE!!!

Got Zoom?

2000 Protege ES

Comment

both

and
              I'm starting my official build thread. Some of you know that I threw a rod on Jan 14. and have decided to take a slightly different road to getting the car up and running again. Here is the current build Used KLDE from a Millenia w/ a custom T3 based turbo system @ ~4psi Custom Air to Water...

finished theirs. although thepope540 made a stupid mistake and blew it up but he is close to finishing it up again. there is a couple more but cant remember where
              Last edited by shark524; 11-14-2010, 06:43 PM.
              Legendary Build LINK>

Comment

A guy by the name of Durwood out of Canada did a ZE in a P5... we started at about the same time but he got his running first... had lots of issues and stuff though. I don't know what happened to him, haven't seen him post on the Mazda forums lately.

As far as me... my brother got me a FS for my B-day but it's still at the salvage yard... their delivery truck's clutch went out, I should have had the engine on Friday but it should be delivered today. Hope to have the car on the road this week. I have everything I need for it... except the title because it's a repo'd car and there are delays.

I haven't worked on the V6 P5... once the FS P5 is drivable I plan on getting my Miata to one of the body shop guys to fix the rust on it... again... over the winter. Then I'll have my BG and P5 and can work on the V6.

Seems like everything gets delayed for me. :/

Oh, and on the half-positive-half-negative note, the girl that I was going out with told me that we'd only ever be friends(of course if she said this right off the bat it would have helped... maybe she hadn't made that decision?), so as such I don't have to take her out or spend money on her, which will open up some time to work on my cars. lol

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

thats the other guy i was thinking of. he was last on mazdas247 on nov 3 so he is still around just not posting much. and not having a girlfriend does have its advantages. hopefully the FS and the miata get done quickly it sucks when projects drag on
                  Legendary Build LINK>

Comment

sorry about the GF loss. its always a disappointment. but welcome back to the community!!!
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                      sorry about the GF loss. its always a disappointment. but welcome back to the community!!!
                      I didn't lose something I never had. :/ I had hopes though! Oh well... someday I'll have it all. lol

Oh yeah and forgot to mention to the CP community that on the 28th, the day after my B-day, I bought myself my unaided vision. I had Lasik Intralase done and I'm currently seeing 20/15ish! No more glasses! Probably the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Edit - The FS should show up at my dealership around 10:30 tomorrow morning. The title for the car showed up at the dealership today! Our title runner guy will be taking it to the DMV for me(yay!) to transfer it to my name and I have the bill of sale from the '00 Miata so I won't have to pay sales tax. I might get charged a late fee but I'll see if the dealership will cover it since they fubar'd the paperwork to show that I bought the car in September(an attempt to meet a sales goal, go figure). I still haven't paid for the car...
                      Last edited by MazKid; 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

How much did the lasers to the eyes cost ya?

Comment

$3,790 + $55 for the prescription eye drops.

Totally worth it IMO.

Comment

Very nice project! I want your roof rack if you sell it

Mazda Familia GTX AWD 1991
                            Mazda Protege 5 2002 : The daily Drive
                            Mazda 323 Bp 1994 : The project

Comment

Originally posted by mazda1993 View Post
                              Very nice project! I want your roof rack if you sell it
                              I gotta keep it since it's listed on the window sticker... gotta optimize it for profit. I'm just going to remove it to uhh... save weight, wind resistance, and less snow issues when that time comes. lol

Comment

A massive update!

P5-B runs! My dad and I got the engine in it Thursday night...err... Friday morning around 3:45AM. It started right up.

Still not drivable... turns out the alternator's bearings are bad. We turned it by hand before putting it back on... it kinda clicked but we put it on nonetheless. With the belt on it it locks up - which is why the car overheated on the girl that had it before me. Alternator locked up, threw or broke the belt, water pump wasn't turning, girl kept driving.

Didn't want to shell out ~$200 for a new/reman'd one, and FS Proteges are pretty rare in our junkyards/none right now. Part number is different for the 626 and I wasn't able to get a positive answer if it'd work or not til too late today. We're gonna try to get new bearings tomorrow, or I'll get a used 626 one...

Pics coming whenever I get a chance to drive it/clean it up/etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X