what drive axels would you use in the swap

Comment

been awile Any updates on the project?
      Check out the Pics
      sigpic
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
      Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Me Thinks this is one of those projects destined never to get done.

Pat.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sube View Post
          Me Thinks this is one of those projects destined never to get done.

Pat.
          Naysayer. You should take that comment back and go help him!
          This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

I just haven't had the time/help to get started on it. I'm working full-time now. Basically just waiting on my dad to tell me to bring the engine to my dealership so he can go over it and make it perfect.

This project WILL get done. Just not right this second. lol

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Keep us posted on this one.......I thought about doing this back in 2005 when I picked up a MX-3. Not quite sure why you would need the rear subframe off the MP3 for. On another note if you find a Mazdaspeed6 in the junk yards grab the Calipers(dont forget the mounting bracket) and rotors they bolt on to the BJ spindles and are either 12 or 12.5 in dia. You might also want to grab some Millenia S injectors if there is one at the JY.
              Last edited by purewhitemp5; 06-06-2009, 01:16 AM.
              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5 View Post
                Keep us posted on this one.......I thought about doing this back in 2005 when I picked up a MX-3. Not quite sure why you would need the rear subframe off the MP3 for. On another note if you find a Mazdaspeed6 in the junk yards grab the Calipers(dont forget the mounting bracket) and rotors they bolt on to the BJ spindles and are either 12 or 12.5 in dia. You might also want to grab some Millenia S injectors if there is one at the JY.
                Are regular Mazda6 calipers an upgrade for the BJ? I have the 626 V6 front brakes with my swap, they're an upgrade over the BJ's brakes but if the 6 calipers/rotors are even stronger then I'm sure I can pick those up.

No need for KJ injectors...this is going to be a pretty stock KL-DE.

And as an update - my brother has set a dead-line for me. lol I need the car out of his shop by the end of July. He said I can barrow his truck to bring the swap up to my dealership for my dad to go over. I'd do it today but I don't have any help to pick it up, so maybe next weekend. The goal is to get it drivable by the end of July so it can leave the shop under its own power. I'll then do everything else that needs to be done at a later date, including the suspension and A/C and PS, whatever doesn't get done. I'll keep ya'all posted, of course.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                  Are regular Mazda6 calipers an upgrade for the BJ? I have the 626 V6 front brakes with my swap, they're an upgrade over the BJ's brakes but if the 6 calipers/rotors are even stronger then I'm sure I can pick those up.

No need for KJ injectors...this is going to be a pretty stock KL-DE.

And as an update - my brother has set a dead-line for me. lol I need the car out of his shop by the end of July. He said I can barrow his truck to bring the swap up to my dealership for my dad to go over. I'd do it today but I don't have any help to pick it up, so maybe next weekend. The goal is to get it drivable by the end of July so it can leave the shop under its own power. I'll then do everything else that needs to be done at a later date, including the suspension and A/C and PS, whatever doesn't get done. I'll keep ya'all posted, of course.
                  yes, 03-05 Mazda 6 calipers and disc are one of the best brake upgrade for the BJ. 06+ are larger, but pads are smaller and you need 16 inch rims minimum. In the rear, 98-02 626 V6 calipers and discs are the best for the price. Same disc as the Protege Mazdaspeed, but the caliper is easier to find and cheaper. For pads, choose Hawk or Carbotech.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    ZE heads VS KG24 heads???

which is better
                    ZE heads, although it also depends which gen ze it is. A friend on the mx3 forums has a de that makes more power than most ZE's, N/A.
                    sigpic
                    1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, light flywheel, aftermarket probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler, aka the vtec killer.

Comment

you don't know MazKid, he always gets his projects done.

Comment

Everything I set out to do gets done, or something similar but better gets done. lol

I know I've been slacking something severe...but I swear soon I will start working on this thing. I want to tow the car up to my dealership and do the swap there...it'll be easier and all and I can store the car there anyway. My brother just moved into a new house so he's been tied up for a while getting the new place ready...he's winding down on that so he should have time to help me get the car and engine up to the dealership from his shop.

I know people who have had cars sit for YEARS without any progress...and these were cars that were previously running, some of them fast too. While I've had the engine for atleast a year, and the car for almost a year, I don't feel bad at all that I've taken this long. I'm really excited to get it together nonetheless!

Comment

i need some info as to hoe u plan on mounting this motor?

i know a bg chasiss is bolton with a mx3gs subframs...but how do u plan on bolting in the motor and trans in one of these bj chassis's

Comment

direct swap as far as mounting goes.

Comment

WTF, Mazda dealership in your garage

Before you know it you will have a Mazda Collectors garage, you have like 4 or 5 Mazdas.

Great collection, saw the paint job on the wagon, very nice!

Thanks for uploading high res images!

Comment

Got the car up to my dealership where I'm going to do the swap. Also got the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, plugs, gaskets, seals, and etc from the parts dept so that my dad and I can prep the engine to be bulletproof before I put it in the car. Hopefully by the end of the year... :/ lol

Comment

Working...
                                X