Clear All

damn that bitch sits high
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by deathtrigga View Post
      damn that bitch sits high
      Damn there's no drivetrain in the car.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

what are you going to do with the 323 when you get the P5 done?
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Good to see you popping in. car is lookin good
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Any update on this project?

Comment

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
              what are you going to do with the 323 when you get the P5 done?
              Probably sell it, stuffed with all of the extra parts I have for it.

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
              Any update on this project?
              I have yet to get started on it. Soon...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Officially started on it. Yesterday my dad and I went up to the dealership. Got the swap into my dad's work area then removed it from the subframe and separated the engine and transmission. Got the engine on a stand.

I need an oil pan and 2 sensors so far. Not a big deal since my brother is a KL enthusiast. lol He has thousands of parts for these things.

Some time this week or during the weekend we'll pull the engine apart and replace the gaskets, seals, timing belt, water pump, tensioner, plugs, and whatever else I bought for it. Might get everything done and ready to go in the car at once...

Last edited by MazKid; 01-04-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy some ebay headers..... you won't regret it
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy some ebay headers..... you won't regret it
                    I have headers! They're actually in the upstairs storage of the dealership...which I don't have a key to, so I'll have to get a key from the office manager. lol They are ebay headers my brother gave me...and if I don't want those, one of his friends has a set of Hotshots he'll sell me cheap. Free > cheap for me though, I think my brother's will do just fine. I'm gonna have to get a collector pipe(downpipe?) to catback pipe made, somewhere...the shop that made a downpipe for my BG is moving/closed for new business right now and looks like it'll be that way for months...so I gotta go to someone else, when the time comes.

OH! and I just got 2 '10 dealer plates, picked the letters...got me a D###-KL plate which WILL be on the P5 during the R&D period til I get it registered. Freggin' sweet, even if it's wrong of me to use it like that. LOL

Comment

D###?
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        D###?
                        D and then my dealerships number...I guess it doesn't matter if I post it online. The plate reads D739-KL.

Comment

KL part is important

Comment

Good luck ryan. Good to see you starting on it
                            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

progress!!! good luck man!
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Got more work done today.

Did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, thermostat, valve cover gaskets and bolt seals, front main seal, spark plugs...what am I forgetting... oh yeah, checked valve clearance and they're all good!

I was going to use a Millenia intake manifold but it seems like it'll be a bigger pain...only reason I was gonna use it was for intake clearance...but instead I'll use a Miata battery(15lbs lighter anyway!) and I should have plenty of space.

Gotta get a throttle body gasket...returning the camshaft seals and caps since they aren't leaking and we had no other reason to mess with 'em.

No pics...didn't have my camera. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X