No announcement yet.

Eduardo's 99 Protege LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at these replacement lights as the repro tails around here cost $75+tax around here.

They look both kinda cool, but I'm liking more the lower set.
    Last edited by edumspeed; 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM.
    sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Got a used tail light today for $40. Just needed some red tape removed that some ricer put on it.

Now it's all good!
      sigpic My cardomain

Comment

good deal man. I reall do like those euro tail lights. I also prefer the red ofver the black housed lights. good to hear that you plan on sticking with the car to fix it!

Comment

how much did those gold plated terminals run you ??
          me likey

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

I also got a new bumper cover for less than $70 Total cost of parts; $110. A friend of mine wants $400 for fixing the rear end and paint, a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, that will have to wait bec. I used the money to pay some bills, fix the other car and other stuff but as soon I get my tax return it will be used to fix the car.
            Originally posted by Mr GoD View Post
            how much did those gold plated terminals run you ??
            me likey
            Those were like $20 the pair from the store in front of my house. That guy's a great neighbor. He's the one who sold my intercooler and the ebay turbo I had for no charge to me.
            sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Lil update

Traded the 16" wheels for 14" steelies yesterday. I've had a broken one since last year, plus it needed another tire. The ride feels allot smoother now, and since they have 195 wide tires, they hold quite as good as the 205 in the 16's. I also re-arranged the intake again, making it convertible between short ram and CAI design once more.
              sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Darn those replacement PCVs It's starting to break again. That's 3 i a row! Guess I'll have to put some Crazy glue on it to see if it stays together. Do original Mazda PCVs fare better? I'm tired of this problem. It makes the car idle erratically.
                sigpic My cardomain

Comment

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346949
                  sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Update:
                    The Pro got a new SS fully welded muffler w a resonated 4" tip
                    It has a nice mellow tone, not the dreaded "fart cannon" sound that I so despise. :D Pix later.
                    sigpic My cardomain

Comment

PICS!! now!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You traded the 16 inch for steelies?!? Any cash back as well?

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post

You traded the 16 inch for steelies?!? Any cash back as well?

No cash back. One of my wheels needed welding and two new tires, and the other two were nearly bald. I got two new tires and the others are with some meat left. I was tired of breaking the damn things and blowing the stupid tires.
                          sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Update

Got a new HU. :D
                            Sony Xplod w remote

Installed today a few parts the car needed;
                            Driver's door weatherstripping
                            washer nozzles
                            coolant overflow tank cap
                            sigpic My cardomain

Comment

I need new control arm bushings. I would like to punch in the face the moron who thought that installing a vertical bushing on a control arm was a good idea. DOH! And I put new control arms about a little over a year. Does anyone know a place other than Corksport that sell urethane replacements?
                              sigpic My cardomain

Comment

The Pro will go to the auto body shop tomorrow to get fixed!
                                sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Working...
                                X