No announcement yet.

custom 99-00 front lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok it wont be primered or painted i dont think but im taking picture tomorrow of it on and off the car so you all can see ... will be around 8pm though ...

Comment

I wanna see! I like the custom body stuff... it's cool to look at others car's while knowing I would never be crazy enough to trust myself with something like that.
      Silver 2001 Protege ES
      5-speed manual
      4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
      Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

Can't wait to see it.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Ok I'm ready to see it......I'm anxious.....
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

show me da money
            Sagaris

Comment

sorry guys the camera is in my friends truck cant post em till he uploads em to me ....

Comment

At least you took them though?

Comment

well here it is, it was kinda dark and theres a shadow i have to go back and take more in the daylight .... this is of the eyelids/grill/lip
                  Attached Files

Comment

and the last one, i am also thinking about lowering it more ... what does everyone else think? is there any bigger drop than the eibach kit, i dont want coilovers though they make a lot of noise i have heard....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Drackonn; 06-03-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Looks like it'll be really nice when it's finished... can you post a description of the fitting process at some point too?

Comment

Looks good!
                        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                          and the last one, i am also thinking about lowering it more ... what does everyone else think? is there any bigger drop than the eibach kit, i dont want coilovers though they make a lot of noise i have heard....
                          I think the Tein springs drop a little bit more... off the top of my head. Hard to tell about the fit and finish without the paint job. I would like to see more pics of the finalized eye-lids, too, please.
                          My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
                          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
                          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

Comment

looks good, but is it only me that thinks that there is a decent gap in the fitment of your bumper and quarter panel...mine definitely doesn't have that big of a gap..
                            2000 DX, Blue
                            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

my car was in an accident, the blinker for the driver side doesnt fit perfectly either you are correct mixmaster, i dont have all the pins/bolts in the front bumper either some are missing i will fix it as soon as i can ... thank you for the comments, my problem with my drop is that i want there to be no gap above the wheel, like most hondas sit, almost tucking the tire, just enough space to turn, anyone know what i can do that with besides coilovers? or are their coilovers that dont make noise like i have heard they do ?

Comment

as for the fitting process i can tell you what i know, when i got it it was way too wide for the car probably about 1.5 - 2 inches on each side og the car, it was also about 2 inches too deep. The friends of mine that did it (ProtoKoncepts) cut a piece out of the middle and a piece out of each side and then just fiberglassed it back together. As of now they are sanding it down and primering it up to get ready for paint, i also have the mazdaspeed side skirts sitting over their for paint and the MSP rear lip is on its way to my house so i can take it over there to get painted as well.

i will also post pics of the eyelids for you as requested, thanks again and in advance for any other advice and help wih the lowering idea/comments on the work.

btw: i hope that is a good enough description,if you want more than that et me know and i will talk to the guy that did it so he can make a wite up about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X