No announcement yet.

GI: Front lower tie bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by 93_EGT; 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM.
    ?

Comment

Yeah I will get a pic up later today. I had to rotate the flange just so it would fit. Probably will cut it down later this week.
      -Oscar

Comment

It doesn't look like it affects ground clearance @ all. Looks like that and the sway bar hang about the same. And it looks like it tucks very nicely!
        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Got my bar and did a test fit this weekend. Some pics and notes below.
          Fits nice and snug on my MX-3.
          Does not fit my 4WD protege. (bar would need to be ~1 3/4 inches longer to mount bolt hole to bolt hole of the control arms)

car was set down completely on the ground

passenger side jacked up.

1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-turbo
          1983 Mazda RX-7 Limited Edition
          1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
          1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD

Comment

Are you going to pull it back off to prime and paint it so it doesn't turn from a front tie bar to a front rust bar?
            My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
              Are you going to pull it back off to prime and paint it so it doesn't turn from a front tie bar to a front rust bar?
              Yes sir, already off..just have to make an appointment for powder coating.
              1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-turbo
              1983 Mazda RX-7 Limited Edition
              1990 Mazda Protege 4WD
              1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD

Comment

Last edited by 93_EGT; 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by 93_EGT View Post
                  I didn't actually know it would fit a mx3 subframe. Thanks for giving it a try despite not knowing if it work for you, glad to see it did for the both of us.
                  Doesn't the MX3 have a tie plate? Either way the market expands, at least I hope so.
                  The v6 gs's have a lower rear tie bar. So this should be a real nice upgrade for him.

Comment

more pictars!!! so far they are looking great mounted alex. keep up the good work
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

You can see how it just barely touches. Only main problem I have is that it vibrates making it kinda loud at high rpms. But that should be fixed later this week when I grind it down.
                      Attached Files
                      -Oscar

Comment

how hard was it to get the bolts out??? use grease/air tools??
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

A torch and air tools got it off.
                          -Oscar

Comment

I hope mine aren't that hard. But they shouldn't be, as my car has no rust at all and had an oil leak that blew back onto the LCA bolt.. lol
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

in florida....... boltwise you have nothing to worry about

Comment

Tell that to my Front motor mount.. lol
                                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                                VF10 powered!
                                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                                X