GI: Front lower tie bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
    13" tires, lowering springs, and a front tie bar...lol ground clearance issues? jk looks good man.
    That's a possibility. That's why I may not be lowering the front another inch like I thought I was. I drive my little scooter careful anyway bc I get tired of hearing the rear strut mount squeak.
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

I've scraped the trans crossmember on a few speed bumps before and I'm only 2" lower.. That's why I worry about these being too low for me.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Those must be some huge speed bumps but where this bar is placed it should have no problem not being scrapped unless your going a decent speed over the bumps. The bar shouldn't hit because it is directly inline with the wheels and if your going slow enough i'd doubt the crossmember scraps in that area.
        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
        "Who Dey"

Comment

Last edited by 93_EGT; 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM.
          ?

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
            Those must be some huge speed bumps but where this bar is placed it should have no problem not being scrapped unless your going a decent speed over the bumps. The bar shouldn't hit because it is directly inline with the wheels and if your going slow enough i'd doubt the crossmember scraps in that area.
            He may have been rolling. But the only thing that scrapes on my car is my exhaust right where it bends under to miss the rear sub frame. I have almost wore a hole in it. Other than that, and beating my front lip, nothing else has drug, and mine is lowered a advertised 1.8 all the way around.

Originally posted by 93_EGT View Post
            just watch out for raised manholes in road construction areas.
            And speaking of raised man holes, they are doing construction by my apartment, and they have like 6 or 7 raised man holes, and every time I see them, my butt hole puckers. I can just see my car just snagging one of those and ripping my car apart.

edit: so jealous. if i didn't want one, you wouldn't have found it
            Last edited by 93BlkOnGreenPro; 07-16-2010, 10:20 PM.
            My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Comment

?

Comment

Thanks for fixing that Alex. The bars look AWESOME in person! Great work!
                -Oscar

Comment

Did you put the front bar on while he was there?

Comment

?

Comment

?

Comment

Hey did you get my message the other day?
                        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                        VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Last edited by 93_EGT; 10-17-2012, 02:20 PM.
                          ?

Comment

Actually pay day is thursday, so Yep.
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Hey Alex I got mine put on today. It did rub a bit on my exhaust but nothing to bad. On the flange where the header and exhaust actually meet. Might just cut some of the flange off though!
                              -Oscar

Comment

oscar can you get a picture of that before altering it??
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X