This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^clear your pm's

the other guy received his lip last friday...soo yours should have been there.. pm me, when its clear...

Comment

I'm sure it's nothing new to you guys.... but I have a freind who works at the fedex sorting facility here. He says that people over there throw **** like that on purpose. He said they make a wall of packages and then throw everything else over it and on the other side. That's how they load up the trucks when the packages come off the conveyor belt. ****'s ****ed up. I doubt they could have thrown a hood like that, but still... I can see how it could have gotten so beat up.

Comment

i hate fed ex.....personally i like ups or usps better...
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

http://partstrain.com/products/Hood/...A~PROTEGE.html

$115 for a brand new oem hood.....ni dunno the zip so i cant caculate shipping. sorry
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Originally posted by worldhazard
            http://partstrain.com/products/Hood/...A~PROTEGE.html

$115 for a brand new oem hood.....ni dunno the zip so i cant caculate shipping. sorry
            Puresport
            136 10th Street Unit M
            Ramona, CA. 92065

Subtotal: $114.95
            Shipping & Handling: $119.90
            Sales Tax: $9.48
            Order Amount: $ 244.33

Comment

Originally posted by jitb37
              ^^clear your pm's

the other guy received his lip last friday...soo yours should have been there.. pm me, when its clear...
              yea I did clear it...and I'll wait for another 2 weeks. Just kinda worried if it got lost or something. and i'll definitely pm u if it does arrive.
              92 Protege SE: Short RAM, Pioneer Sound System.

Comment

Word of warning. The parts train parts fit like any cheap ass foriegn replica replacement part. Making a mold from a less than perfect part will result in a far less than perfect mold and a poor fitting hood. I bought some bumpers from Parts train. They were OK, but not OEM quality by any means. The seams are what will make the difference on this mold.

Seriously we would be better with a used OEM hood even if it needed some very minor bodywork.

Anyone got a junkyeard close or does cablemirc have an OEM one availble?
                Last edited by tom; 10-14-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

oh.. i was really under the impression they said oem parts
                  1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

The last thing we need is a OEM "replacement" hood. Darryl (mazdaracer) is going to try to set us up with a hood. Possibly his own. This situation is ****ed right now... Darryl told me to call him on sunday and see what's up.

I filed a claim with Fed-Ex to get my money back they have to do an "inspection" which means we'll delay the process until you forget about it... Oh BTW, I got fired form my job yesterday ... and I broke up with my girl last week... Man when it rains it pours huh.... damnit. Lol, oh well, life goes on... if I can scrounge enough for another hood and the J.Y has a good then I guess I have time to deliver it... that's all for today folks..., I'll kepp you guys updated as I can, this computer from home is dial-up and way slow so I don't log-on too often. Later d00ds.

Comment

wow... pro, that sucks man. but you already know that. ****.. well.. um.. puresports got the hood all ****ered up right? damn

Comment

How we doing on this? Any forward progress?

Comment

Hey P-rotege...

My hood is somewhat in decent shape, but has a few dings on it.... I have no problem removing it and driving out to the shop in ramona on a saturday to help expedite this along... Pm me.... Besides I can run a junker till whenever the carbons are done...

Scott.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Scott. I spoke with Darryl yesterday and he spoke with Dave to see if he had anything available. Dave found a 1993 Hood in the J/Y said to be in "pristine" condition. I am waiting to hear from Darryl today to see shat Dave wants for it, and to be sure he can get it. After that should be back on their way again.

When I hear from Darryl i'll let you guys know whats going on, sorry for this delay, I want my hood too

Comment

Just a heads up guys. There's no such thing as a "pristine" hood. Ours was virtually spotless and they still had to do some work to it. What I'm saying is... even if the hood is not perfect, you shouldn't worry because they will work on it regardless.

Comment

I don't get it...why not take Scott up on the offer and give him the donor hood (if it's not too banged up).

Why pay out more cash? Ya dig?
                                My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                                - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X