Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i wish the 2nd genners would step up. i mean as far as we know, these 10 carbon fiber hoods are going to be the only ones made, ever.
    Almost there

jdm tails... check
    jdm bumper... check
    ms lip... check
    ms grill... check
    ms sideskirts... check
    ms rear skirts... check
    ms spoiler... check
    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 95pro
      yeah i wish the 2nd genners would step up. i mean as far as we know, these 10 carbon fiber hoods are going to be the only ones made, ever.
      very true and i am even willing to bet on it.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

I am willing to bet that there will not be any more interest in CF hoods for the 2nd gen.

Comment

do you mean ever or for the last 2 remaining carbon fiber hoods that we have? btw, i am off today and have tried getting in touch with seth to no avail.

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Man, I would love to step up but I can't invest money in something when I have no money. I know how this is a one off deal and if I can manage the money, I'll get in on this right away.
            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Ever.

I don't know.... maybe as the car gets older more people will get interested in it. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by the asian geoff
                Man, I would love to step up but I can't invest money in something when I have no money. I know how this is a one off deal and if I can manage the money, I'll get in on this right away.
                maybe you can work out a payment plan like $50 a month.

Mods:

Comment

sell some body parts.

pony up for the protege.
                  Almost there

jdm tails... check
                  jdm bumper... check
                  ms lip... check
                  ms grill... check
                  ms sideskirts... check
                  ms rear skirts... check
                  ms spoiler... check
                  ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

seriously,
                    martin could hold the hood, and you could make payments. since you guys are both in cali.
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Comment

if there's a will there's always a way.

Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                        do you mean ever or for the last 2 remaining carbon fiber hoods that we have? btw, i am off today and have tried getting in touch with seth to no avail.

I am slightly irritated that this Seth guy is never there. Is he that busy and tell him Santos said that he wants the hood for himself and not his future son. Tell him I want it in this millenia. sheesh. Don't think I am asking for much....

Comment

the shop isn't that large and everytime i have been there all the lifts are occupied as well as the entrance to the garage with rx7's, so they do keep pretty busy around there. i wish i was still in sd so i could stop on by to check everything out and get a face to face.
                          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

pls guys hold your horses. no need to be uptight. he has deliverd so far, like what i said. the holidays are fast approaching and they are pretty busy. i've left him a couple of messages. no need to stalk the guy.

Mods:

Comment

Payment plan sounds good, at the beginning of next quarter I'll work something out. Granted someone is willing to extend me this offer.
                              1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

I'm not at all worried. It's been less than six months since we gave them the go-ahead to tool up for these hoods. Realistically, I wasn't expecting these until spring.

What everyone has to realize is that this place is not just a few deadbeats who just opened a shop to make a little money. They appear to be a legitimate business with a sizeable customer base and a good reputation. (I could have sworn I've seen an add or two in some magazines or maybe I'm mistaken?)

If you take a good look at the hoods thay made for the BFs you quickly realize that they are in fact quality oriented and that they have the capabilities to build a solid product from scratch.

We need to chill out! This is a small order group buy not a ****ing ready made off the shelf purchase. Custom quality takes time and attention and I'm willing to wait as long as it take to not be dissapointed. I hope some are not underestimating the requirements (labour, tooling, etc..) necessary to make a composite part of this complexity and scale. This has to be managed in such a fashion as to not disrupt their loyal customers and walk in business.

I can understand we all want these on our cars as soon as possible. But we're not going to get what we want by being overly forward with them. I still have to make my payment for roughly half the total and have decided to wait until we see the finished product. I think that once some pictures pop up, that should be enough to bring a couple more people in on this. I hope.

Once suitable molds are completed, the manufacturing process should go smoothly I would think. I'm anxiously awaiting mine but for those of us in harsher climates there isn't much of a hurry as they probably wont be going on our cars 'til the cold passes anyway.

As far as the second gen community stepping up, I think the future is good for our cars. This time a couple years ago, we could count on one hand the number of dedicated people interested in the BH cars. They have come down in price considerably since then and this is always a sure sign of more people joining in. Despite the Z5's ****tyness, it's still a Mazda and very reliable so they're not likely to pile up in scrapyards anytime soon. The trend in gasoline prices is sure to help also. We need to represent and all will be well.
                                1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Working...
                                X