No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well nobody stepped up, and then after I received, everbody stepped up. I actually started on it within a couple days after receiving it. The ring gear and LSD are assembled. Tranny apart, but I have to take another one apart to verify a couple lil balls I found inside.

Sorry, but I've barely been able to walk and all doped up on muscle relaxers and painkillers. Yesterday was the first day I was able to spend a good lump of time on the project.

Couldn't call you without looking it up on the interweb first. Anyway, enough with excuses. I'm on it. Fear not.
    Rob's machina de destruccion
    Originally posted by ragnarock01
    "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That sucks about your back Hope you get feeling better!
        1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
        BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
        PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
        EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

I have a question. Have any of you found a single ball (bearing) about 3/16- 1/4 in size on the end of the one of the gearstacks? I could use a blow up diagram. My FSM doesn't have it.
          "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

Its supposed to be there, has it fallen out and you dont know where it goes?

I've got a few boxes in pieces, I can take some pics of where it sits if you want.

Comment

Have a look at Gavin's thread over at Mx6.com : http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-faq-tra...lots-pics.html

Maybe there is something in there about it....

Comment

jesiotrot, yes.

chief tool, thanx.

Comment

Read Gavin's writeup. Didn't see the balls i spoke of. I didn't mean the 3 spring and ball detents under the 3 14mm bolts.

bpt323, you said these were new races, right?

Comment

Ok, I think the ball was one of the detents, have to double check later. Its been raining a lot here and worked all student move in weekend. Should be pulling spare engine and tranny from parts GT tonight, and am hoping to have everything ready for installation on the coming weekend.

Jesiotrot, it would be awesome if you take some pics for me. I'm pretty sure I have it straightened out, but more pics the merrier.

Comment

rob, i dont' honestly know for sure anymore, its been awhile. might be new, might be a combo of used/new idk anymore.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Sorry, been busy, taking pic right now! WIll post up soon!

Check the size of the ball, all the detent balls are the same size, and i'm guessing the ball you have is smaller in size??

Comment

Comment

you rock dude, those are the ones. so just one ball, or does the other shaft have one as well?

another question, is that what holds all the gears, as in pop that out and they all slide off or am I way off base?

Comment

I've got to be perfectly blunt and honest, and I really hope I'm not too offensive...

But Rob, you don't appear to have a lot of knowledge when it comes to re-building a trans, and everybody here is counting on you to verify fit and function of the diff for the H-Types. May I suggest you either take it to a professional shop or we get somebody else to do the test fitting on the diff.

There's a LOT of people counting on you and you alone for an accurate assessment. So far you've had trouble with just the dis-assembly of the trans. I fear what may come next when it's time for re-assembly, and proper pre-loading of the diff, and would have a tough time giving credibility to your evaluation of the diff's fit and function given your obvious inexperience with the H-Type trans.

Yes, we know the G-Type is great and works, mine is wonderful. But the H-Type guys need affirmation that their diffs will work just as good.

Ryan
                              Ryan
                              '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                              STX Prep:
                              MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

When did I have trouble disassembling the trans? I did it in like 20 minutes! I know it doesnt count to many people, but I am ASE certified auto tech and collision tech. Engine rebuilds and tranny rebuilds are new to me for sure, but I am not incompetent. There's no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid answers. How would you feel if I didnt ask at all, and then f-ed it up? I like to be well researched if you know what I mean.

If you have a problem, you should have volunteered. I let at least a week go by before I accepted. And as for Pat, he had it at his house and the "1st gen demigod" said he didnt want to do the testing.

The only thing you have to worry about with me is dividing my time between this, work, bad weather, redoing my house and a wife who's about to pop a 2nd baby any minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X