No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a matched set is better. however i would reccomend you take both ring gears off, mark 1 to seperate the difference first tho. that ay you can check if it doesn't rotate/mesh smoothly. ring gears are kinda funky in the H

the speedo gear is universal

regular tranny fluid. i run ATF(mazda calls for it) no issues with my G series
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I think its easier to drill the rivets out, rather than grind them.

The reason I say that, is that I would not want to leave any grinding marks in the ring gear......and I dont reckon that I would be able to do that, and I am no newbie with a grinder...I took the top bearing off the diff by grinding through the bearing until it was paper thin so I could slide it off by hand.

if you drill the rivets, you can use a drill thats just bigger than the hole in the ring gear so that as you drill through the head of the rivet, it'll shear off just as it necks down...then punch them out with a hammer and drift pin.

I think it took me all of about 1/2 hour to do that.

I cant find any pics of me drilling the rivets....but Someone else posted some up on here somehwere, and its pretty much the same as what I did.

Comment

that works for me. drill it like a regular rivet then.

i'm familiar with mazda's recomendation for ATF in their mtx's (from 90 on, they recommended gear oil before that), due to the needle bearings the gears ride on. My question is if Mfactory is recommending a limited slip additive.
        Rob's machina de destruccion
        Originally posted by ragnarock01
        "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

ur answer is no. i was specifically told running what OEM recommends. Besides, this is gears we are talking about not a clutch type LSD. no need for friction adders or anything
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I realize they recommend ATF in the 1G's but FWIW I've been running Redline MT-90 with great success for some years now.

Also FWIW, the 2G Probe/MX6/626 recommends 75w-90 GL-4. Naturally I use Redline MT-90

Though with new synchro's I'm running non-synthetic GL-4 to make sure they get a good break in period. And sure enough, the more I drive the smoother the shifting becomes. Just over 100 miles of stop and go so far.

I get to race on the diff tomorrow, and I'll have a very good co-driver which will provide for some excellent feedback.
            Ryan
            '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
            STX Prep:
            MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Let me know if you guys need any Torco MTF or RTF. We have plenty in stock
              MFactory / YCW Engineering (LSD's, Gears, Flywheels, Clutches, Driveshafts, Axles) - www.teammfactory.com
              YCW Suspension (Mid-Range Coilovers) - www.ycwsuspension.com
              SWIFT Springs Europe (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringseurope.com
              SWIFT Springs Asia (Exclusive Distributor) - www.swiftspringsasia.com

Comment

quanto dinero para esta?
                "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

got the heads drilled off my ring gear monday night (drilled from the diff side, used a 9/16" or 5/8" bit in a drill press and drilled a lil bit into the metal of the diff, not the ring gear, dont forget to center punch and mebbe a lil pilot hole before drilling w/ the big bit). the rivets wouldn't budge with my pin and 32oz. unbreakable hammer. Soaked in PB from Tuesday to last night. used a short handle 5lb. (mason) hammer and a drift pin, got them out.

What should I torque the LSD to ring gear bolts at? I have dialup, so doing a search would take me like an hour.
                  Last edited by MK1gGT-Rob; 08-01-2009, 06:37 AM. Reason: more stuff

Comment

Quote from therieldiel in the G-type bulk buy thread

"you should torque them in a couple steps up to 75 ft lbs. use a criss cross pattern like you said. use blue loctite, it has plenty of holding strength for this.
                    (you can use red if you really want to, but you will hate yourself for it if you ever need to remove the ring gear.)

i found the best way to hold the diff was to use a couple blocks of soft pine in a large bench vice. the ring gear teeth dig into the wood and keep it from turning without damaging anything.
                    "

Comment

Rob, whats the update???? haven't heard anything in a week

Comment

Maybe the transmission fell on Rob and now he's trapped
                        1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
                        BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
                        PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
                        EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

bpt323 is not amused
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, PC access has been limited. Hurt my back and couldn't do much. Started working on it yesterday. Results in about a week and a half.

Comment

Rob, keep in contact with me would you. i need to know how things are going.

Comment

over 2 weeks, and you started on it yesterday?
                                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                                ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                                What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
                                X