No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make progress before the baby comes please rob. we need to get this show on the road.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ryan just doesn't know your background, that's all. If there are any problems I know you'll let us know.

And besides, if there are any big road blocks for Rob, I have another trans that is waiting for an LSD and can have it installed anytime. I did mention this at least twice before but backed off since I figured we didn't need multiple people testing it. If Ryan (bpt323) and MFactory want another tester they have one.

So keep up the good work Rob and keep us posted like you have been.
      1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
      BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
      PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
      EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

I have a question. Have any of you found a single ball (bearing) about 3/16- 1/4 in size on the end of the one of the gearstacks? I could use a blow up diagram. My FSM doesn't have it.
        you rock dude, those are the ones. so just one ball, or does the other shaft have one as well?

another question, is that what holds all the gears, as in pop that out and they all slide off or am I way off base?
        Forgive the criticism, but considering the length of time it's taking and your questions about how the trans goes together I must ask.

From personal and professional experience I know there are LOTS of garage mechanics that can do the job plenty well, and there are plenty of ASE certified mechanics that don't know their ball bearings from their balls.

Now I'm not saying you are in either group, but when I see the person everybody is counting on to do an accurate and efficient install asking questions on a forum they really should know, I begin to loose faith.

All that aside I'm sure you'll get it done, but as has been mentioned time is of the essence. If you are unable (for very good reasons) to get it done quickly Ragnarock01 can get it in and done in a matter of days from receiving the diff.

Good luck with the install and congrats on the baby.
        Ryan
        '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
        STX Prep:
        MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Thank you for your understanding!! I will definitely be done before the baby. I simply need my car. Truck eats mucho gasolina.

I ask a lot of questions, so there is no room for error. I am a perfectionist and not a hack.

I suppose I should let you know that the car is getting an engine and a t3 60 trim along with the LSD.
          Rob's machina de destruccion
          Originally posted by ragnarock01
          "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

Are you doing anything special with the engine? Forged pistons, polished crank, etc?
            1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
            BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
            PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
            EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Ok i'm back, just drove 2000kms through a few states in my FE3 turbo wagon to go drag racing!

There is only a ball on one of the shafts, it does not hold the gears, the bearing holds the gears.

If you can pull it apart, you can put it back together again, its not that hard!

Comment

Nothing special with the engine. 90k stock engine getting regasketted 'cept the HG. running SVO stock internal wastegate (roughly 9 psi) for now. Mani and DP are already fabbed. Wideband, afpr, and 190lph going in at the same time. Once that is running well, and after a decent cooler and pipes setup, my future goals are MS, 15psi, some engine mods, possible gearing experimentation, mebbe a 50 shot. So yea this LSD was definitely a necessity!

Case is getting cleaned today.
                "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

how did cleaning go??? any reassembly progress?? have you taken any pics?
                  I really want to see progress updates.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

a bud is bringing shims and his inchpounds torque wrench along today and is gonna help me shim the diff. He works on Ferrarris and LAmbos and othe crap like that for a living, just to ease yer minds.

Cleaning didnt go as well as i would have liked. the inside and mating surfaces are clean, but the exterior oil coating didnt come off as much as I would have liked. I'm not sure if the cleaners I used were too "green" or if I'm just used to a pressure washer.

Comment

ok.... on the way home friday it rained. my case halves were in the back of my pickup in rubbermaid tubs and tied to a corner. it rained on the way home. i wiped it dry but still ended up with lil rust tears on a bearing race or two. its not much at all. my bud is superpefectionist and said it would growl after 100 miles (twas the race near the final drive gear). i thimk it would be fine.

sorry no net at home, happened to be at a buds house, will bring pics to work 2moro...

Comment

quote for quote- your buddy is a retard. surface rust from a rain. if you take care of it properly. I.E. wipe it out, then oil it. won't be a problem @ all. growling- what a joke.

clean it up better & spray it down quick with a bit of oil.- DON'T leave it outside from here on out.

Comment

And wrap it in garbage bags to keep the dust out.....dust and dirt is way worse than moisture.

Comment

ja, he's overcautious with everything (not a retard, just overzealous). i figured it would be ok. Don't worry it was only in the rain on the way home. My truck has tools from top to bottom so there was no room inside. I'll post the pics in 2 hours anyway...
                            Last edited by MK1gGT-Rob; 08-31-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

pics of the case and LSD w/ ring gear installed. FYI, make sure to use a 6point socket on these bolts. I had a hard time maintining a grip on the bolt head. I also used red loctite on the bolts.
                              Attached Files

Comment

the rust spot is like 1/8" by 3/8" on the thin edge of the race. The diff races that you (ryan) sent have wear marks (as in impressions of the roller bearings from sitting).

The last pic is the case bolts. anybody remember where the 3 longer ones with shoulders go, and the 2 straps?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X