No announcement yet.

H type helical LSD(Mfactory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23MPG??? you need some compression in that bitch!!!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Its all city miles, so thats pretty good. 20 is closer to the long term average.

Having owned several different versions of the same car (1984 626)

I have had :

2.0 Auto which got 19MPG
      2.0 Manual which got 22.5 MPG
      1.6 Manual which got 21.5 MPG
      2.0T Manual which gets 20.5 MPG
      2.0D Manual which gets 38 MPG

The GD is about 200lb heavier so that decreases the economy.
      More compression might make a bit of a difference but detonation is not far away....if I ever rebuild it I might lift the compression.....I would estimate that I might be able to improve the economy by 5% but that'd be it.

Apologies for taking the thread off track

Comment

did some more driving, this time went for a trip down the coast.

And the LSD is pretty good in roundabouts (not sure if other countries have these, but theyre a big round concrete island about 10-40 feet across)

And now I can really accelerate hard out of them, where as before I would just get wheelspin.

I also took my car on some dirt roads...and thats a massive step up from before.
        The car is much easier to control, and you can accelerate quite alot harder than with an open diff.

I can see why its a necessity on any rally car.

I am liking this LSD alot.

Comment

good stuff!!! i'll test mine out in march
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I want a LSD too

Comment

So to revive this thread....

I finally got my LSD installed in a trans, and the trans is already in the car. However, tonight when I tried to install the driver's side CV axle, I found that the C-clip will not lock in place. If I push the axle as hard as I can into the trans, it will stick slightly when I try to pull it back out, but then it suddenly slides out. It feels as if the clip is trying to set, but the shaft can't slide in far enough to do so. Some things I've tried:

-spread the c-clip so it'll stick out farther
              -swapped the clip with one from an intermediate shaft to see if it was thicker/stronger
              -spread that clip
              -hammered the driver's side oil seal in more to see if it was keeping the axle from pushing in enough
              -pulled the axle out and ground the end of it down to see if that would let it slide in farther

Nothing has worked, it simply will not lock in place and I'm worried about it slipping out with spirited driving or just plain sliding out enough to allow leaking. I'm considering trying another CV-axle. Anybody else have this problem?
              1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
              BUILT ENGINE - forged pistons - over-bored block - aluminum flywheel
              PORTED/POLISHED HEAD - oversized intake valves - custom valve guides
              EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV

Comment

Have installed two of these with ZERO issues. I would suggest trying another shaft then report back!

Comment

i second that, no axle retainment issues whatsoever here.
                  Rob's machina de destruccion
                  Originally posted by ragnarock01
                  "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

yeah mine has been ok since I installed it, and I am using aftermarket shafts.

Comment

i had a cunt of a time getting my new axle in. sometimes the C-clips are a PITA. but short of that. theres no chance its coming back out.

Comment

after some bad experiences with aftermarket C clips I opted to buy some brand new Mazda items

Comment

some might not like the idea. but i always reuse my original C clips when i replace an axle. the aftermarket C clips always seem to have issues. be it installing or removing the axle. there never the same size as the stock ones either.
                          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                          What are you driving?

Comment

if you get them from mazda, you avoid that issue. i have a brand new pair of mazda axles going in mine.

my point of posting in my last post (until i forgot) was to mention that my buddy had an axle from rockauto, that wasn't long enough and would not seat. the difference in the stub length was minimal, but it had the same exact issue as you...
                            Rob's machina de destruccion
                            Originally posted by ragnarock01
                            "America never would have gone to the moon without an LSD. It kept the rockets flying straight, and it'll keep me from going into a ditch."

Comment

on a completely note.............. the hub fitment with H type axles seems different to me then the G series im used to.
                              9mm subset into the spline portion of the hub itself. i.e. the splines of the axel don't come all the way out... is this normal?? both sides are like this so i assume so

Comment

I have a car using GD 26 spline Hubs and another using GD 28 spline hubs and I've not noticed any difference.

Where did your hubs and axles come from ?

Comment

Working...
                                X