FS: Plug and Play (PNP) Megasquirt Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i pulled the ECU plug off my old B6 ECU fairly easily

with an air sander and a 40 Grit ROCLOC wheel to take the solder joints of the back of the board
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

hmm I used a 1000watt heat gun its what is recommended for eec-iv ecu connectors... shoulda used a right angle die grinder sounds easier.
      eat me

Comment

Ordered My Megasquirt!
        sigpic
        1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Black 300hp 330tq Mustang dyno, vf-10/vj-20 hybrid 26psi, Megasquirt Tuned on e85
        1/8 mile 8.50@89 2.3 60' Parted out and missed!

1993 Mazda Mx-3 RS Blue Bp turboed VJ-20 16psi, Custom vj-20 inlet pipe, Custom 2.5 front mount intercooler, Custom 2.5 downpipe to 3inch outlet side exit exhaust, Rx-7 460cc injectors, Tuned on E-85 with Ems Pro, Corksport front / Rear strut tower brace and H&R lowering springs.
        1\8 mile 8.81@82.66 still at 2.1 60'. Parted out

2004 Volkswagon Jetta Gli 1.8t Eurojet fmic,3inch downpipe to 2.5 cat back,apr stage 2 software, cold air intake and turbo inlet pipe and St coilovers slammed to the ground.
        Sold and missed!

2012 Volkswagon Jetta S 2.0 8v Custom Cold Air intake, Raceland Coilovers, BFI Torque Mount Insert, Audi S4 Wheels, low and slow.
        Daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          I am going to look into it and keep you in the loop. There is an easy way to control a relay - since VICS is just a solenoid, I think it can be done without too much trouble.
          VICS is vacuum operated. So you'd need to control a vacuum switch. Howdoya pull vacuum on a boosted engine.

Here's some good info and diagrams from Mazda Japan about VICS

Here's an interesting discussion on modifying the 99 VICS intake manifold

It would be amazing to see dyno side by side of bp4w head with a modified VICS mani vs BP26 head with the GTR mani.

Can a megasquirt control VVT?
          Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 02-22-2009, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pikespeakgtx View Post
            VICS is vacuum operated. So you'd need to control a vacuum switch. Howdoya pull vacuum on a boosted engine.

Here's some good info and diagrams from Mazda Japan about VICS

Here's an interesting discussion on modifying the 99 VICS intake manifold

It would be amazing to take the bp4w head and dyno with the GTR mani, a stock VICS mani, and a modified VICS mani. And see who wins.

PART 2

Can a megasquirt control VVT?
            MS can control any solenoid driven output.

For running VICS on a boosted engine, wouldn't a check valve solve the problem. After all at WOT, there isn't much vacuum in an NA engine to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
              MS can control any solenoid driven output.

For running VICS on a boosted engine, wouldn't a check valve solve the problem. After all at WOT, there isn't much vacuum in an NA engine to begin with.

I know you all think im a idiot..

Didnt you notice the vacuum canister on the intake manifold.. what did you think it was there for? It also has a built in check valve.

I would add a metal one before it though.

I also if you really care and want real good vacuum, do a large vacuum canister upgrade. there is room in the engien bay in several locations.
              eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell View Post
                I know you all think im a idiot..

Didnt you notice the vacuum canister on the intake manifold.. what did you think it was there for? It also has a built in check valve.

I would add a metal one before it though.

I also if you really care and want real good vacuum, do a large vacuum canister upgrade. there is room in the engien bay in several locations.
                This is correct Jacob, just like the brake booster stores vacuum behind a check valve. Thanks for the input.

Comment

I got my Megasquirt setup from Lex in the mail today. Plugged it in and it fired right up. I honestly couldn't be happier, and I recommend this to anyone with a boosted setup.

Comment

New option added to main page - 4 bar map sensor.

*** NEW Option 5: Add a 4 bar MAP sensor to any MSI unit (P/N: MSI_XXX_4BAR) ***

- The stock MS MAP sensor is 2.5 bar and will take you to 21 psi safely. However, if you plan on running more boost, you will need a different sensor. The 4 bar MAP sensor is installed in your MS box and it will read up to 43 psi of boost.
                    - Price: Add 80USD to the price of any of the kits
                    Last edited by Lex; 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Any idea of the time frame on the MS2 release?
                      Are you working on base maps for the MS2? or can a base map be interpolated from an MS1?

Comment

Originally posted by pikespeakgtx View Post
                        Any idea of the time frame on the MS2 release?
                        Are you working on base maps for the MS2? or can a base map be interpolated from an MS1?
                        No actual release date for the MSII yet. We just tested the flat shift option and will be releasing that soon. There just hasn't been much demand for the MSII so it will get there - but likely after all the options are developed for the MSI. In the end any MSI system can fairly easily be converted to an MSII at any time.

As for maps, an MSI map can easily be "translated" into an MSII map, so that's not a worry either.

Are you holding off on a unit until the MSII is offered?

Comment

Money sent!

Bump for a great product and a great guy!
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Mine is in the mail... CANT WAIT!!!

Comment

^ Nice! so thats the only thing left in your car to do?

Comment

Yup, I have to finish the exhaust work once its running I can get it to the shop!!

I just went from south to NORTH!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X