No announcement yet.

FS: Plug and Play (PNP) Megasquirt Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South to north? That's cool that your car is almost done! I need to check it out when it's done!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
      We just tested the flat shift option and will be releasing that soon.
      Any word on when this will be available? I'd really like to get this upgrade for mine.

Comment

Yeah I am waiting for the MS2. I don't know a whole lot about them and I'd rather focus my mind on the MS2, not learn MS1 and then switch and learn ms2.

Interested in MS2 w/ VAF delete, Idle control, boost control, launch control, Wide band compatible.

Do I need a whole innovate kit with a gauge or can I use the laptop?

Comment

To answer some of these questions:

Shawn, payment received, I have replied to you through e-mail.

Jason, I will get back to you on the price of the upgrade a little later this week. The killer will be the shipping

For the MSII, it is not different than MSI - the interface and software remains the same. I am not trying to sell you the MSI specifically, but unfortunately it will be a little bit of a wait for the MSII to become available.

Comment

The wait is fine!

I'd still like to be in a better position to buy the injectors, wideband and the MS all at the same time.

You didn't say about the wideband. Can I use the laptop and the megatune as the gauge and datalog? or do I need a whole innovate kit with the gauge and controller?

Does Megasquirt make a system that I'd call MegaGauge? Where you could have various sensors, real-time readout on a laptop screen and datalogging? I'm sure that the Megatune shows engine control sensors data, but I'm talking about something that would show EGT, Trans, eng oil, AFR, etc...

It would be more up my alley to have a lcd screen and a carputer than to clutter the cockpit with a pile of gauges.
            Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 03-14-2009, 04:35 PM.

Comment

For the wideband, all you need is the sensor and the controller - no gauge needed if you will just datalog and use the laptop to view AFR.

Megasquirt shows all sensor and variables available to it. There is an EGT input but beyond that, it falls outside the scope of the ECU. It is not meant to be a datalogger and there aren't enough inputs and a way to calibrate them to show oil pressure, etc.

For a true and fast datalogger, I would look just into a logger like this:

We specialize in Performance Tuning Equipment - from simple and effective flash tuners and scan tools to gear for the experience EFI Tuner and Pro Mechanic. Fast and free shipping on all orders!

Comment

Added another option available to order now

*** NEW: Option 6: Add the flat shift/launch control feature to any MSI unit (P/N: MSI_XXX_FLATSHIFT)***

- This is a great little feature where you can setup your MS to pull timing in order to keep the RPM at a certain predefined level when your foot is on the clutch. This allows for no lift (flat) shifting and launch control which is nice to have at the track.
                - Price: Add 20USD to the price of any of the kits.

Comment

Lex, you got PM!

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
                    Lex, you got PM!
                    Replied!

Comment

Do you have a fit for the BA chassis? Secondly do you have a map that is for a tuned engine? I ve done a rebuild to 10.5-1 cr and an overbore to 83.5mm pistons.
                      Another question is do I retain the ABS system?
                      I am from Belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by ph3n1x View Post
                        Do you have a fit for the BA chassis? Secondly do you have a map that is for a tuned engine? I ve done a rebuild to 10.5-1 cr and an overbore to 83.5mm pistons.
                        Another question is do I retain the ABS system?
                        I am from Belgium.
                        In short, our plug and play system is designed for the BG chassis but generally speaking a megasquirt can control any engine.

We offer a base map for the BP motor that individual customer can fine tune for their application and vehicle. So we certainly give you a starting point and pointers on how to achieve a desirable tune.

ABS is often a separate module from the engine control unit and is left untouched. In modern vehicles where ABS is integrated with vehicle stability controls, it is more difficult to seamlessly integrate a megasquirt and have all the other controllers on the car be happy about it.

Hope this answers your questions; let me know if you have any more.

Comment

ima have 2 save up 2 grab me one of these
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnenOnly View Post
                            ima have 2 save up 2 grab me one of these
                            Just shoot me a PM whenever you're ready to order.

Comment

What would it cost for the megasquirt ms2 + launchcontrol + just another wideband o2 + cable and shipping to belgium?
                              Well, i do mean the final prize that i have to pay. So VAT included.
                              Thanks

Comment

Any video/audio of the launch control / flatshift rev limit? Not really important by any means, I just want to hear how a BP sounds with it, since I'm always hearing it from my buddies' subabitchies, lol.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                                X