Ebay HID kit question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear. *moment of silence*

Ok so last night on the way home I got next to a cadilac and both our lights were the same color on the road. So I guess since I don't have projectors they might appear more blue than I thought. When I went past him I looked back and at a certain angle they looked like the same shade of blue as mine. So yea...I guess I'm not going to swap them out.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

thanks guys, I was really close to him so it's been really hard for me.

It's good to hear that you are keeping the kit chris, I don't think that your color temp looks ricey at all. :D
      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Ironically, the thing that sealed the deal for me buying my friend's 323 was his HID kit.

It's a 9004 conversion kit by Xetronic, and it's at 8000k. it looks like an aqua blue in daylight, but at night it's pure white with tinges of blue and only looks blue at an angle.

what sucks is that the kit costed him $500, only for lowbeam and not the bi-kit's. They do sell them, but for $200 more.

quality is real good though. I did a test like on their website xtralights.com and dipped 'em in water. didn't shock me or die out.

I'm actually thinking of swappin' 'em out for a hi-beam and low-beam setup at about 5000k temp, either from them or from Sun Auto.

but i do know from experience if you add a Sun Auto Hyper Voltage and Ground kit to your car, all your lighting will be brighter even in your dash and the engine a tad bit more resourceful as far as ignition goes.

Comment

I got them hooked up today. I'll make a review in the review section. I think they might have sent me a 6000k kit instead of the 8000k kit that I ordered. I like that they are really bright, and they are so simple to install, even for a noob like me! :D

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
            I got them hooked up today. I'll make a review in the review section. I think they might have sent me a 6000k kit instead of the 8000k kit that I ordered. I like that they are really bright, and they are so simple to install, even for a noob like me! :D
            the lower the temp, the brighter the output of the lights. so in a way it's a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid Liger View Post
              the lower the temp, the brighter the output of the lights. so in a way it's a plus.
              i think like 4300K puts out the most lumens so one you go lower than that you are just loosing light output and its gets yellow.
              see the curve here
              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
              VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

well 3000k is great for bad weather. I did a test on my kit, (still can't figure out the color) when it starts up it turns blue before they're warmed up. It snowed last night, so I drove in the snow with the bulbs not warmed up, and I'm glad that they are more white than I wanted because I couldn't really see that well. I had to wait until they warmed up to get useful light output.

Comment

so noone is having a problem with the hid's melting the factory headlight housing i know its a issue with some other cars or if you just go with the 35 watt your alright

Comment

I have the DDM slim balast 35W kit 8000k and I've had no problems with them at all. they "warm up" quick and never flicker.
                    -Steve

VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Mind taken a pic Ace? I want to see the coloring of the 8000k... Also are the lights always on when your car is on or are you still able to turn them on and off?
                      Last edited by mazdaspeeder21; 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

heres a pic when i first did them. and they are just like the regular headlights control wise. now i knew that they would be plenty bright enough so i didnt spend the extra $25 to get high beams.

-Steve

VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

get 6000K and below. 8000K + tends to get less visibility

Comment

my 8000k's put out a lot of light, i cant see why anyone would need more.
                            -Steve

VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Whats the difference between there Raptor Brand 35W HID Kit and DDM 35W & 55W Slim Ballast HID Kit?

Besides the 55W option and length of warranty of course...

Comment

i think the DDM balast is a bit smaller and i would get them for the warranty too
                                -Steve

VF10 powered!
                                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                                X