Sub Box Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proto2k
    Alright everybody wish me luck, the system install is about to begin. And hopefully I won't be back online in about an hour begging for Blue's help.

well, 5.5 hours later and no questions? did you get it finished, or did you hurt yourself really bad

Comment

We finished up around 1. It needs alot of tuning since we installed a new headunit with it. Sounds great though. The volt gauge is still reading about 14 constantly, depending on the size of the thump, and the dist. block is at a constant 12.5 or so. We got tired near the end and didn't hide wires, so on Sunday we are going to get it all cleaned up.

Comment

Also another good thing that came out of tonight was that I discovered my old Profile amp still works fine. It was the old ANL Inline Fuse holder that blew. So when I get some time I will hook it up to the front components.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
          We finished up around 1. It needs alot of tuning since we installed a new headunit with it. Sounds great though. The volt gauge is still reading about 14 constantly, depending on the size of the thump, and the dist. block is at a constant 12.5 or so. We got tired near the end and didn't hide wires, so on Sunday we are going to get it all cleaned up.

12.5 volts? do you have a DMM or volt meter? you might want to check that. it takes a lot for my voltage to drop under 12.8 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            12.5 volts? do you have a DMM or volt meter? you might want to check that. it takes a lot for my voltage to drop under 12.8 volts.

volt gauge shows 14V
            dist block shows 12.5V

something ain't working right. I don't think it's his battery or the electrical system.

Comment

I don't know why it was doing that, but now it is running over 13 constantly and is usually hanging around 14.

Comment

both gauges?

Comment

The volt meter on the a pillar is running 14 until I crank it up and then it will drop to about 13, sometimes a little under. From what I saw when I fired it up today and watched it outside the trunk is was running at about 13 with no problems. But it fluctuated depending on how hard I was running it.

Comment

was the car completely on or in accessories cuz mine runs at 12.7-13.1 if the car isnt on and 14.1 when it is on

Comment

Maybe I was wording it a bit too weird. When the car is not turned on and I only run the accessories, the volt gauge reads about 12.5 ~ 13. When I turn the car on it jumps to about 14.3 or 4.

Comment

then your fine

Comment

post pics. or you did already?

Comment

You know what. I still haven't done much cleaning of the wires. I have been very lazy about it, but I will probably do it before my first car show.

Comment

You're just like me. I did the install and now that everything is working and it sounds nice, I don't feel like making the wires look nice...

Comment

Yeah thats what it came down too.

Comment

Working...
                                X