No announcement yet.

Which Would You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you spent that long with that then take a **** before you go out and play with it ... took me that long to do it and I read the manual on the net about it before it got to my house lol

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
      you wont be disappointed I promise you that.... after you figure out all the bells and whistles of course
      I second that!

Eariler you asked about the subs... Yeah, I have a eD e12k.44 in the ported box they have on their site. Running it is a Tsunami dB1100D amp. Subwoofer control is awesome. You will find the built in crossover of the 9815 very useful. Also, controlling the sub is easy - just press on the volume knob once and rotate it to adjust the SUB-W volume.

Comment

and hit next and prev to change it from subw to subw -rev no idea wtf does but hey you can do it though!

Comment

lol, I thought you've read the manual? anyway, I don't know what it does either.

Comment

Get alpine it's the ****, my cousin has an alpine headunit and it really bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Subghetto
              Get alpine it's the ****, my cousin has an alpine headunit and it really bumps.
              It's on its way.

Comment

since when do the HU make the car bump?

Comment

i did read it... but didnt understand it.... i think it has to do with which way the sub is facing... twards the front or towards the back..... but what if the sub is mounted on the outside of the box... what do you do then.... AHHH lol ok i dont know... it sounds the same to me when i hcange it so oh well.

Comment

I noticed that Alpine recommends that you hook the hu directly up to the battery. So I figure since I am going to need another battery (Optima yellow top) to run the dual amps, that I would just hook the hu to the Optima.

Comment

iono about hat.. i have mine hooked up like normal and I asked the people at the shops about it and they didnt know why alpine wanted people to do it either....they tried doing it once in car and didnt find any advantages to doing do it. so I dont know what the deal is....

Why are you getting a 2nd battery? I mean it wont hurt but why? just put the optima in the front and get some terminals for it.

Comment

Well I really don't want to run 2 amps and a head unit off of one battery. I think it could pull too much power and give me some problems.

Comment

iono whatever floats your boat.....

BTW proto, do you have neons onthe bottom of your car? I swaer I saw your car the other day in some pics on the net and they guy had blue neons on underneath..... the only thing I wasnt for sure on were if the rims matched and couldnt tell if the corner lights were black or not.... i was just surfin the net and saw it.... if you dont, I think white neons would look pretty cool just to kinda break up the blue stuff and accent the silver

Comment

Nope no neons. The only color I would go with is white. It has kind of been in the back of my mind for awhile. I don't know mabye in the summer time.

Comment

asylum24, the subw and subw -rev is probably the same as the 180 degree phase shift on some amps. and yeah, it for if your subs are inversly mounted with the magnet out. it'll keep it in phase with the rest of your speakers

Proto2k, you only need to hook the alpine up the the batter with 10 guage wire if you are running your speakers off of it. other than that, the stock wiring is more than adequate. and there is no need for a second battery unless you plan on running your system for hours on end with the car off. if you are planning on doing that, you will need a battery isolator. but trust me, i've run as much as 2,900 watt rms from a single red top without any problems if you do decide to go with 2 batteries, get something like this:

Comment

Well that is definately some good news. Saves me some money.

Comment

Working...
                                X