Which Would You Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proto2k
    Well that is definately some good news. Saves me some money.
    that's what I was gonna tell you, but he posted a relpy before I was finished reading the posts after...

just to add my 2 cents - a local car-audio shop advised me against connecting the HU directly to the battery. they even said it's dangerous. I was more inclined to believinng Alpine, but.... oh well. I went there to buy some cable for the power wire that goes from the HU to the battery terminal, and they asked me what I need the wire for, so I explained, I showed them the yellow sticker that was attached to the power wire of the HU and they said - ignore it.

Comment

Just got done checking out the I Personalize system by Alpine. For you guys who have used it, you are smarter than me because all that thing did was thouroughly confuse me.

Comment

it will set convert your measurements to the HU stuff for your Xover, time correction, and EQ...

just take a tape measure to your car and measure hte length from your ears to the speakers... write it down and thats the info for the T corr. do all of it on the site and then for your model you can save it to your comp and burn a cd and it and put it in the deck and it wil program it for you... the 13 you have to do it manually... one thing though.. the T.Corr sounded off to me so i upped and lowered the left front and right rear .1 ms... as for the subs set it to 9.5s if it lets you.... the personalize thing says diff but the controller for my amp said 9.5 if its behind a seat in the trunk

Comment

Does it really make that great of a difference then if I was to just play with the eq on the hu.

Comment

no its the same thing... but if you have the cd you just pop it in and it does it all for you... its great for things like if you had to reset the unit and you can just stick it in and it does it in 5 secs and you dont have to mess with everything for 5 minutes...

Comment

Okay I can see how that would be nice. I am always disconnecting the battery for whatever reason and my JVC unit always deletes my settings. Pisses me off.

Comment

one of the 2 things that I wish the 13 had... the other thing is I cant save my Tcorr settings.... like I have one memory slot and thats it....

Comment

It arrived today. I'll probably hook it up in about a week or so when the wiring for the system arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                    It arrived today. I'll probably hook it up in about a week or so when the wiring for the system arrives.

it's nice, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                      it's nice, isn't it?
                      Yeah, now I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Comment

you wont be let down doesnt it piss you off that if you had waited like a week longer you coulda bought a brand new model

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                          doesnt it piss you off that if you had waited like a week longer you coulda bought a brand new model
                          hah it pisses ME off but I'm gonna sell mine and buy one of the new ones WHEN they come out. so far the only model that's for sale is the 9827 @ crutchfield.

Comment

yea well i would go buy one now and sell the other later just cuz thats me... but they are blue the lil douches..

Comment

well, yeah. that's what I meant. I gotta have music in my car... are you crazy? I can't wait to see the 9835 man...

Comment

i can... its silver and blue.

Comment

Working...
                                X