Getting one more e12K.44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MazdaMania
    Let me know what turns out form this. Are you making 2 separate boxes or 1 dual box?
    I've been debating if I want to make another 2 boxes to put on either side of the trunk instead of the box I've got now.
    I now have a table saw and a lot more know-how than I did before.

i'm going to try and design a box with a slanted front and a slot port coming out the bottom. it'll be one box, with a common chamber

Comment

I've been trying to get the pics of the 1st box I made that fits in the side but imagestation won't let me upload any thing right now. Not sure why? This is a n00b question but...can you and if so how do you post pics straight from the harddrive?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I've been trying to get the pics of the 1st box I made that fits in the side but imagestation won't let me upload any thing right now. Not sure why? This is a n00b question but...can you and if so how do you post pics straight from the harddrive?

click on the reply button at the bottom. when the new screen comes up with the normal reply text area, scroll down. under "additional options" the second thing is "attatch files". click the "manage attatchments" tab.

Comment

Ahh...thanks blue. But imagestation just came up. I did some stupid things on this box and didn't have a table saw to cuts aren't anywhere near perfect. Here's the first one I made...

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

it's all a learning process

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              it's all a learning process
              Ain't it the truth. I just wish I hit the process a little earlier.
              Having the right tools adds a lot too. Even if you know everything you can't do it right with out the right tools.

Comment

i'm going to try and design a box with a slanted front and a slot port coming out the bottom. it'll be one box, with a common chamber

Comment

you got a table saw, or access to one? i'll see what i can do.
                  ya, I got access to a table saw. my brother has one of those classes in high school, and he's got access to a table saw and some other nice tools. I can have him do the cuts.

Comment

Ain't it the truth. I just wish I hit the process a little earlier.
                    Having the right tools adds a lot too. Even if you know everything you can't do it right with out the right tools.

ain't that the truth i've built plenty of boxes with a circle saw. hell, i've even used a jig saw

Intruder, sweet. i'll get some blueprints made up, and convert them to jpeg to post them on here, so others can see it also

Comment

ain't that the truth i've built plenty of boxes with a circle saw. hell, i've even used a jig saw

Intruder, sweet. i'll get some blueprints made up, and convert them to jpeg to post them on here, so others can see it also
                      if you used the jigsaw to make the driver opening I don't see why it wouldn't be a good job. I did mine that way and it turned out very well. all you need is some patience and a steady hand.

okay blue, can't wait for the design...

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                        if you used the jigsaw to make the driver opening I don't see why it wouldn't be a good job. I did mine that way and it turned out very well. all you need is some patience and a steady hand.

okay blue, can't wait for the design...

no, i used a jig saw for the WHOLE box needless to say my arm was numb after that. i used to use a jig saw for all the speaker holes, but it's so much nicer with a router and circle jig

i'll try to get the design posted today

Comment

it may be nicer for the holes, but once you put that speaker in there no one's gonna see your hack job.

I had my parts pre-cut at Lowe's except for the speaker hole.
                          I agree - it would have been a huge PAIN to do all the cuts with the jigsaw...

Comment

i'll try to get the design posted today

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder

fawk man, i've been really busy tomorrow isn't looking so good either. i gotta check out my brakes and install an amp in my dad's car. lol, i'll try to get around to it.

Comment

fawk man, i've been really busy tomorrow isn't looking so good either. i gotta check out my brakes and install an amp in my dad's car. lol, i'll try to get around to it.
                                no problem, I thought you had forgotten

btw, is your car lowered? if so what springs and can I see pics?

Comment

Working...
                                X