Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civic Radiator Effecient enough? UPDATED!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More space to work with and a slightly better cooling capacity. Thats about it.

Comment

If it works on this setup:

you shouldn't have to worry about overheating a qualtiy civic rad.
      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Gosh dang! Thanks for that beautiful pictuce. Adapter it is! I wonder where he found that mount...? JY? Also why the heck does he have two 38mm wastegates? Could he not afford a 42 or 50 or what? But a beautiful setup none the less... beautiful...
        Last edited by eskinol; 12-13-2005, 09:05 PM. Reason: txt

Comment

I heard from honda ppl that the 2 things that most dont replace on hondas with aftermarket , is the Ignition... and the Radiator. thats what i heard tho..

Comment

The stock radiator works fine, no one doubts that. Reason for replacing is what I stated above, mainly increasing work space with a slightly better cooling capacity.

Comment

My setup is 14 psi. stock radiator and fans.....never had even a second of over heating.

Comment

AMS is using two wastegates because it's a twinscroll setup.

and it has a 4" exhaust

Evo General - The black EVO From FL Comes back Home - Well Im sure you all know by now the famous black EVO VIII from Pennsacola FL that was beating up on everything with 8 cylinders and 4 wheels. If you have really been paying attention you might of even heard through the grapevine that Mr Strother has decided to...

all 80 pages of it. If you haven't seen videos of this EVO I suggest you check out streetfire, it's pretty damn fast. Those pictures are of the new setup, used to have a 35R, and they haven't finished it yet. All the fab work is done, but it needs a lot of tuning.

Originally posted by AutoMotoSports
                Well it looks like we broke another record. We decided to pull a late night and tune her on C16. Spool is REDICULOUS! on the street this car will see full boost under 5000 RPM! The number as they stand right now are

826 AWHP!!! and 597 Ft/ lbs! that was on 42 psi on C16 just like the car would sit on the street!

Oh and Martin isnt done yet!

I will have Mark here edit the video footage I took and get it up here in the morning. The car is DEAFENING!!

oh and guys this was ALL BOOST!!! NO NITROUS!!!

Eric
                Last edited by Silentbob343; 12-15-2005, 12:18 AM.
                2005 Mazda 3

Comment

spools @ 5k.... damn thats a drag turbo... no wonder it makes 826awhp.

wonder how long the tranny will last though.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    spools @ 5k.... damn thats a drag turbo... no wonder it makes 826awhp.

wonder how long the tranny will last though.

depends what he puts in there. If he uses a shep 5spd dog box it'll last. 5K isn't too bad if you can rev to 8K, but yeah it not exactly a quick spooling turbo. Funny thing is he drives his car ion the street, I don't think I've seen any track footage of his car.

Some videos of his old setup:

There are some more floating around, but too lazy to search for them
                    Last edited by Silentbob343; 12-15-2005, 02:26 AM.
                    2005 Mazda 3

Comment

New info:

Not sure why there is a dip between 7.5-8.0. It'll be one hell of a ride on the highway from 5000-9000.

Last edited by Silentbob343; 12-15-2005, 06:17 PM.
                      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

I'd love to feel a 2nd gear pull from 5k till 4th... man... the torque... the sudden torque after 5k... so killer... I wonder what the g-forces feel like.

Comment

sorry it took me a while, but here are the pics of my rad & spal fan.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gosh damn... your fan pwnt the radiator! Lol... gobble gobble! My fan are curved blades.

Comment

Originally posted by eskinol
                              Gosh damn... your fan pwnt the radiator! Lol... gobble gobble! My fan are curved blades.
                              :rofl: I know. Maximum cooling from a small rad was the goal.

Comment

You sure accomplished that goal... you gave your radiator 110% cooling effeciency! or 150% or whatever! PWN LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X