No announcement yet.

Need some help with my bpt swap in my mx3 gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its idling decent now and got the fan switch replaced but the fans arent turning on. The v6 plugs were different so they had to be spliced. The fans themselves work we jumped them individually but when trying to jump them like the manual says they dont kick on and the book says then checking the wiring harness. So im at a lose for that one. Also its still hesitating when you give it any gas and then the rpm's will drop really low and the engine dies. Anyone have any ideas. Cant find a vacuum leak.

Comment

O2 sensor, TPS sensor... which TPS are you running??
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

for now i was going to run the 3 wire tps cause i swapped to the na prolx throttle body since im using the pro lx harness. Is the tps adjustable cause ive heard going with the 4 wire runs better but i thought it would still run. How difficult is it to run the 4th wire should i just try going with that.

Comment

thats your problem, you need to change to a 4 wire
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Is the 3 wire really causing it to run that bad i thought it would atleast get by. Also i went to diagnos using the blinking of the check engine light and realized that the check engine, battery, and oil light dont work. we changed the bulb and that wasnt the problem. Cant figure out that problem. How difficult is splicing in for the 4 wire tps. thanks for the help so far bpt323

Comment

could it be that my bp26 ecu is bad. The fact that the dash lights dont turn on and the fans not kicking on is weird. How could i go about checking this. Should i go and get a Protege lx ecu just to see if these problems go away.

Comment

What lights dont work on this ecu? I lost my check engine light, but that is normal with the GTX ecu. I do not think that the dash lights in general should not turn on with this new ecu you have. Check all your fuses, ect. Check the fan switch that is on the thermo housing, prolly bad.

The 4 wire is just splice the 3 wires that are the same, then take the 4th one and pin it into the ecu at the right pin. Am i right about that fellers??
                BP-05 Turbo-Sold
                2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Well the seat belt, abs, brake light turns on but the voltage, oil, and check engine lights do not turn on. I already replaced the fan switch near the thermostat cause i thought that was the problem.

Comment

check your fuses

What lights dont work on this ecu? I lost my check engine light, but that is normal with the GTX ecu. I do not think that the dash lights in general should not turn on with this new ecu you have. Check all your fuses, ect. Check the fan switch that is on the thermo housing, prolly bad.

The 4 wire is just splice the 3 wires that are the same, then take the 4th one and pin it into the ecu at the right pin. Am i right about that fellers??
                    in order to have your check engine light come back...as a boost indicator on a BP harness you need to trace pin 1E from the BP harness to the black plug. & add a wire to pin 2R & move it to where pin 1E went into the black plug. that will give you the boost/check engine light light back. you can jsut eliminate the wire from pin 1E all together after adding 2R into its place on the black plug.

I oughta just make my how to BP-GTX conversion & whatnot.
                    another thing.... unplug pin 2S from the ECU plug & tape it up this will eliminate the VICS solenoid from tweaking out from seeing 2 power signals.
                    loop the VICS actuator from the VICS wastegate to the manifold bypassing the black canister.

In order to convert from 3 wire to 4 wire you need to do this: ....
                    move pin 2L to slot 2M & add a wire from pin 2K to the TPS sensor 2k represents the lowest wire on the TPS plug (i.e. green with red stripe.)

knowledge is key.
                    if you've got questions you know who to ask

(note this is if your running a GTX ecu)

Comment

haha thanks so much i owe ya. Yea i have a bpt ecu and a bpt engine not a turboed bp so does the vics stuff still all apply.

Comment

the vics stuff does not apply then no...

Comment

is there a possibility that its my ecu is bad even though it will idle?

Comment

when my old ecu died the idle was basically doing a sine wave between 100 and 1000rpm and both fans were permanently on if this is any help...

Comment

did your engine lights night turn on when you started the car and what happened when you gave it gas?

Comment

you know, i can't remember. pretty sure the lights didn't come on.
                                i think i was able to drive it to the stealership for repair so i think it was just idle that was screwed but it was 3 years ago so my memory is hazy...

Comment

Working...
                                X