No announcement yet.

Need some help with my bpt swap in my mx3 gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most engine lights are not run through the ECU. The check engine light is the exception.

The TPS is not causing your problem, I ran a 3 wire tps on my GTX for a while without problems. Check your fuel pressure and injectors and the injector harness if you did any splicing leading up to it.

Also check the VAF connection.

Comment

i honetly dont think the GS and Protege lx's fan wil work once swapped. Because my fan didnt work either when i swapped in the kl. but it did work with power to it. And the mx3 that i have now, i was told that the saem thing happen withhim also.. when he put the bp in his gs. He installed a aftermarket fan switch that sticks int o the radiator, and switches the fan on and off with a sepcific temperature.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the help guys. Well i got a bp10 ecu to test out today and what do you know the check engine light works and it is actually running better then the bp26. not perfect thought but i dont want to push it at all cause i dont want to run lean. It is sounding like my bp26 is bad though so i know have a $200 jdm paper weight.

Comment

keeps throwing me curve balls. First thing i need to know is im using the na fuel injector harness so i had to splice it across the engine. I was told the white connection is fpr and the tan one was vics. I pulled the check engine code set up like this and it said check solenoid valve (fpr). So then i looked and the tan connection looked like the wires matched to the fpr so i spliced the fpr to the tan connection instead of the white on the passenger side of the engine. These connections are in the first pic of the thread. Then when i ran the code it now said check the vics. So im basically asking which one is which. Also i think the bp26 ecu is running about the same as the bp10 just with a lower idle. It does the same thing though idles at a little above 1000 rpm then drops real low. then if you give it gas it feels like it doesnt like over 1500 and when you let off it just drops all the way down. Does this sound like a fuel regulator problem. Could the wires i used to splice not be the right side they are both thicker? thanks again for all the help guys the end is near.

Comment

i can't help you w/ ur problem but i just wanted to say that damn that's a clean ass ride for $500, and sexy engine bay! keep up the good work. hope u get them loose ends fixxored and get that bish going!!!
            Originally posted by 90prtege
            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
            Originally posted by Turpro
            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
            CRZbrussian: that sux
            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

thanks for the compliments i appreciate it. hopefully people will enjoy it when i decide to sell it.

Comment

ur selling it???? what?
                if you need the bp26 ecu tested i can test it for you.

why did you do anything with the BP harness & the FPR?? you realize you didn't have to right???
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

haha no probably not any time soon. I spliced because i swapped fuel injector harnesses since i used the bp harness on the bpt. The passenger side had the white and tan connection and i was told the white one was for the fpr which is on the driver side.

Comment

should of left it NA system, thr FPR is better anyhow
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

any confirmation on which plug in the first pic is for the fpr.

Comment

the tan plug is for the FPR

Comment

alright thanks i heard the white was before.

Comment

np

Comment

How's it running?

Comment

i had to come back to school so its on hold for now. little dissappointed having to leave before it was running good but im guna head back in a couple weeks. my dad might take a look at it. Im wondering if the fuel pump could be causing the problem. i was running with the stock v6 pump temporarly. At first i thought maybe the fuel filter so i replaced that and it wasnt the problem. And the check engine light if signal the fuel system so still gota do some troubleshooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X