Goin' Megasquirt (My progress thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold spell has a grip on all of us
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
      cold spell has a grip on all of us
      Oh yeah, its bad. I'm surprised to see Rick trying to work even at this temperatures, I would have given (or my hands wud have given up on me).

Keep it up, Rick!

Comment

If I can get one more day above 20 I should be able to get it ready to crank over.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
        98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

hope n pray for 65-75°
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I wish....

To pass the time with this cold snap, I've been helping a buddy build a MSII for his 7. The ignition mods that it needs are a PITA.

Comment

Update:

I'm sooo close!!!! I'm taking a food brake that I'm gona get back to it. Hopefully I'm have it running tonight.

Comment

good luck

Comment

call me so i can hear it run

Comment

Well I tried starting the old girl up, but no luck.

I might have missed a few grounds, cuz my wideband wont turn on. But aside from that I don't have any RPM reading upon cranking and no mater what I have the fuel pump prim set to, it prims once for about 1sec, even if I have the pulse off.

I'm going to dig a little more tomorrow.
                    Last edited by photoeye0; 01-27-2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

ok wait whats going on no rpm?
                      eat me

Comment

Yes no RPM's

And the fuel pump prims once no matter what

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0 View Post
                          Yes no RPM's

And the fuel pump prims once no matter what

is the FuelPump light blinking in the megatune screen?
                          eat me

Comment

No RPM, did you put the pullup resistor in the rpm circuit connected to the disty?

What pulse exactly are you talking about when you are talking about the fuel pump?

If you need a working map, I have one on Imazda, and many more at home.

If you need some troubleshooting etc done, also let me know.

Comment

I did the pullup resistor according to diyautotune's write up. I also checked my mods with a few other miataturbo.net guys.

The fuel pump prim pulse seams to be stuck on a 1sec pulse. I have it set to twice and I only get one. If I go into megatune and shut the fuel pump prim off I still get a 1sec pulse. I didn't check megatune to see if the FuelPump light is on. I'll do that tonight.

I'm using your maps Lex for a base map right now and for my wheel decoder setting I'm using Studweiser's set up since he and I are using the Protege CAS with wasted spark. It's posted back on page #3. I have just the "ring" from a Miata so I might try and put that in tonight, cuz Studweiser's settings look a little off from the miata guy's settings.

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0 View Post
                                I did the pullup resistor according to diyautotune's write up. I also checked my mods with a few other miataturbo.net guys.

The fuel pump prim pulse seams to be stuck on a 1sec pulse. I have it set to twice and I only get one. If I go into megatune and shut the fuel pump prim off I still get a 1sec pulse. I didn't check megatune to see if the FuelPump light is on. I'll do that tonight.

I'm using your maps Lex for a base map right now and for my wheel decoder setting I'm using Studweiser's set up since he and I are using the Protege CAS with wasted spark. It's posted back on page #3. I have just the "ring" from a Miata so I might try and put that in tonight, cuz Studweiser's settings look a little off from the miata guy's settings.

turn car to on.

open megatune

See the fuel pump light on the bottom

Is it blinking?
                                eat me

Comment

Working...
                                X