Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VJ-20 & VJ-23 Turbo and Manifold Comparison...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what I am gonna be doing. I got an engine stand and the GTX is gonna sit for a month or 2 while it gets a cleaning and minor fixing.

I am basically following wil's reccomendation of what to change while I am there.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      I am basically following wil's reccomendation of what to change while I am there.
      Out of curiousity, what exactly are you planning on changing?
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

section III

pretty much everything listed there, and I think I need a new AC compressor, so I may convert to r134a while I am at it.

Edit ~>
        sadly I priced all that stuff (excluding the AC pump and conversion kit) and I came out with a near 300 dollar total. Expensive addon, but since I want this GTX to run superbly for a while, I am going to take care of it.
        Last edited by D323; 10-11-2004, 04:51 PM. Reason: robs presence made my brain shut itself down to prevent contamination

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8508

section III

pretty much everything listed there, and I think I need a new AC compressor, so I may convert to r134a while I am at it.

Edit ~>
          sadly I priced all that stuff (excluding the AC pump and conversion kit) and I came out with a near 300 dollar total. Expensive addon, but since I want this GTX to run superbly for a while, I am going to take care of it.

Damn, I replaced almost all the things he mentioned in that section and never realized it

You might consider having the valve seals and pistons rings replaced as well if you do decide to take off the head for whatever reason. That's what I did, although it took some extra effort and $$...
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I want to replace the head gasket, rings and seals, but I cant decide. I know a NA head is in the future works with alot of work done to it, so it almost makes me want to wait on pulling the head and just do it all while the head swap is under way.

Comment

It's not like you're always spinning.. with proper suspension and a smart driver that turbo is completely driveable. I managed to drive the GT-R turbo at 30psi without spinning the tires, it was one hell of a ride.
              -Braden
              '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

Working...
              X