No announcement yet.

Protege's on Drag Track (1/4 Mile Time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm hard to impress. If you guys think it's impressive to be like thousands of other guys doing motor swaps, putting 200hp engines into 1800lb cars, why don't you go out and do it? I guess I'm the only one more impressed by hard work, ingenuity and a well thought out build.....the only one that's impressed by taking a car that didn't have a lot of power, and making it scream.

Comment

If your hard to impress then that is most likely your business. Any car that weighs 1800 lbs is impressive to me, then when a engine is in the car that can have an output in the 200hp area... That creats another impressive combination.

Sometimes you may be viewed like everyone else on the outside, but be unique to those within the circle. These cars aren't famous for no reason.
      You tend to make me think that a lot of the 240's aren't impressive...
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

240s?

Every magazine I pick up has engine swaps, with guys putting in H22As and B16As in CRXs and Civic DXs. For once I'd like to see a guy make 140whp out of a D15, or like I said, 190hp out of a standard B18A, without the hybrid stuff. I still appreciate what Honda did from the factory, and I'm a firm believer that them, BMW and Ferrari are the only awesome engine building manufacturers out there. There's no doubt that the B18C5 isn't one of the most impressive engines ever made. And there's no doubt the CRX HF is one of the lightest cars made in the past 15 years. So when some 16 year old kid has some local shop put a B18C5 he bought off E-Bay with the money his grandparents gave him for graduating grade 8, into his $500 dollar CRX and does high 12s with absolutely no modifications; sorry, I'm not impressed. Is a 12 second all-motor CRX impressive? It used to be. Is it original in any way whatsoever? Not one bit.

You don't understand my point that there's nothing impressive about doing what everyone else is doing, and not even having to research, think or engineer anything. The same way a GTX powered Protege is no longer impressive. Would a GTX powered Protege that's making 400whp because the owner spent the time and energy to make it work right be impressive? Definitely.

Comment

Josh, at your point of view. Is it impressive that I sold my civic and bought a 323 and swap a BP w/ nos and pushing roughly 150-160 hp at the wheels? Or No because I did the swap and squeezing nitrous?

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
            240s?

Every magazine I pick up has engine swaps, with guys putting in H22As and B16As in CRXs and Civic DXs. For once I'd like to see a guy make 140whp out of a D15, or like I said, 190hp out of a standard B18A, without the hybrid stuff. I still appreciate what Honda did from the factory, and I'm a firm believer that them, BMW and Ferrari are the only awesome engine building manufacturers out there. There's no doubt that the B18C5 isn't one of the most impressive engines ever made. And there's no doubt the CRX HF is one of the lightest cars made in the past 15 years. So when some 16 year old kid has some local shop put a B18C5 he bought off E-Bay with the money his grandparents gave him for graduating grade 8, into his $500 dollar CRX and does high 12s with absolutely no modifications; sorry, I'm not impressed. Is a 12 second all-motor CRX impressive? It used to be. Is it original in any way whatsoever? Not one bit.

You don't understand my point that there's nothing impressive about doing what everyone else is doing, and not even having to research, think or engineer anything. The same way a GTX powered Protege is no longer impressive. Would a GTX powered Protege that's making 400whp because the owner spent the time and energy to make it work right be impressive? Definitely.
            Yes there are people who get all their money from parents or grandparents. But then how can you knock them. I don't see them as true enthusiasts but drivers. i would still see there work as impressive though or should I say idea, and/or maybe their ability to drive.

Now as for the people that go out and work for their cars and plan building their cars. Those that work 9 -5's and 6-10's to make their money for parts... Kinda like I do.
            There are way more honda guys that wrench on their own cars and install their own parts and test their own cars than you think. Give those guys a little more credit. Not every Honda is trying to be like the bunch.

Shoot I do everyday.
            Last edited by bruce95fmla; 10-25-2004, 07:18 AM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
              Josh, at your point of view. Is it impressive that I sold my civic and bought a 323 and swap a BP w/ nos and pushing roughly 150-160 hp at the wheels? Or No because I did the swap and squeezing nitrous?
              Honestly, I think it's awesome that you've done a BP swap, and it's cool that you've added NOS. You have a unique ride, in that it's never been done before. I'm sure you're running low 14s too. But it's not overly impressive. My 125whp isn't impressive either. It's impressive that it was made from such few mods, but not impressive as a whole. Not like the way this is impressive..(click on the 874rwhp supra clip)

Comment

I think him having the Nitrous in his car is impressive. I guess I say this because own a 323 with similar mods, but with heavier wheels and a weaker clutch and the car is frigin fast.. no joking .. or should I say quick. I know fast is more reserved for high speeds.

I just hope you (1ofdfew) takes the time to tune your motor with that nitrous ( I keep typing NOS) and get your motor and the bottle in tune. That way you will know what is going on when you are pressing that button. At least with a little dyno time and a wideband you will know wheather or not you have take out a little timing or add a little timing.

I think it is better to know where you stand with your air fuel ratio, when you are messing with these "power adders" and high powered N/A cars.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Can the dyno do that? Know where to base the timing while squeezing my nitrous. That'll be cool if they do. I was going to the dyno but Im just scared that they might over advance my timing and me having a blown motor. But yeah, definitely someday I'll go to the dyno and see whats up.

Comment

No, If I am not mistaken (but will be finding out) you have to read the maps from the Dyno graph and the a/f plot. From that you can tell what action you have to take. If you are running lean somewhere , you will know that you have to either pull some timing or add some fuel. Maybe both.

Talking with tuners and guys on this board like Gen1GT who have done a lot of dyno's would help you with these issues.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

13.9@98 mph

why dont we make a sticky with everyones times posted and mods.. all in one post just have the person re-edit everytime theres and update.
                      00 dakota 4x4
                      90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

no updates yet, but I just installed Apex 2.5" downpipe and Greddy boost controller today, and at 11psi the car is noticeably faster. I'm thinking if I can get traction I should be in the med to low 14's, I'm pretty stoked about that. Now I just need some tuning.
                        2003.5 Titanium MSP; Autometer Ultra-lite boost and A/F gauges; Autometer guage pod; custom 3" exhaust dumped over rear axle (no muffler); Apex 2.5" downpipe; Greddy Manual Boost Controller; Hidden Hitch; Dunlop FM901 tires; white headlight strobes

talk to Cullen and tell him that I sent you

Comment

goodluck!
                          00 dakota 4x4
                          90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

Update: 15.481@88.33

Comment

Serenity's Dead.

Comment

DAMN !!! So, what exactly did you put on and remove off the car? What wheels n tire combo? Did you use your stripped out doors? Did you stripped down your car? Come on give us more info I'd like to know what you did to get this time.
                                15.4 on aprotege

Comment

Working...
                                X