Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found on the solara forums !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if u think celicas are slow maybe my celica and ur protege will b a good one ...cuz i kno my celica will beat my protege hands down ...but the protege is wha gave me the luv of cars... lol i owe it all to my protege its been a great car...im not hatin on my pro or nothin im jus sayin...and if it wuznt governerd id stil taken him... cuz i wuz ahead bfo 110 at 110 his car wuz at my mirror ...so i wuz clearly a bit a head... and my car goes right up steady acceleration the whole way ...so i think id dog him til i wouldve hit redline limit at about 130 or so and whether or not i wouldve won its a z24 we talkin bout here those ****ers are fast dont mean my celica is slow cuz a protege wouldve had same results

Comment

this thread is deceased! your fast, im wrong. NEXT....
      i hate being broke!

Comment

what kind of potential do the 1.6ers have?...1.8's... well say stock
        02 Protege ES, 5spd

Comment

my car aint 1.6 if dats wha ur sayin cuz its 2.2l big dif i drove a 1.6l celica totally dif way 2 slo lol 2.2 gets up there and fast 2

Comment

2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

....i've beaten celicas in my barely stock pro. and look at the numbers before you call b.s
              cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsetpimp713
                my car aint 1.6 if dats wha ur sayin cuz its 2.2l big dif i drove a 1.6l celica totally dif way 2 slo lol 2.2 gets up there and fast 2
                you live in ny? i live in ct, hit me up and i'll race ya.
                cone filter, pacesetter shortshifter, 15 in. used slicks on stock steelies, dropped with zx2 struts and eibach springs, custom crush bent 2 1/2 inch piping, catco freeflow cat, DTM muffler, cams n turbo UNDERWAY.

Comment

u gonna b comin out here any time soon lets do this 1st til 115 wins since the pro got a govenor

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                    well, if it wasn't governed he'd still smoke your ass. i'd rather have more low-end torque and kick ass acceleration than some gay top end. where/why the hell do you need to go 120+? do you want to kill yourself and others? celica's that aren't all-tracks are gay and slow. im not trying to insult you, but look at what your saying, and compare it to quarter mile times. you got OWNED!
                    Dude, you have no clue what you're talking about. You think the only way a car accelerates is with, 'low end torque'? There's a reason cars have a little thing called a transmission. It allows you to use your powerband to your liking. ie, if a Cav makes it's 150lb/ft at 3000rpm, and my car makes my 130(I put down 111.7lb/ft at the wheels) at 4500, I just feather the clutch at that rpm, getting maximum torque. As the Cavs power peaks then goes down again at past 6000rpm, mine's still building right til my peak at 6600rpm(where I have 138 flywheel hp). BUT WAIT, my car revs to 7400, when the Cav shifted 1000rpm ago and I pull ahead of him. I'm still making 125hp at 7400rpm, and I shift and my tach drops to 5500, where I still have 125hp and it builds again. All of this, in first gear. THAT'S TOP END.

You guys are making a fuss over two cars that are only 'slightly' quick, but I'd smoke a Cav and a Celica.

Comment

lets see here, what are you 60ft times!!! you take longer to build up "HP", buy this time the cavs got you smoked. just cause you can rev higher, doesn't mean you'd smoke him. the cav would have shifted, and the r's would drop down to about 4500+ and would still have more "HP" at 4500, than you would at 6600 rpms and,this is DISPLACEMENT, you have less! so, while you hanging on to 1st gear the cav is pulling in 2nd and you still have to shift, causing loss in power, unless you have a lighter flywheel, i think your hp in the powerband would drop drastically. if you go stock for stock, your **** is wasted. in the quarter, you would get your **** kicked. now, notice i said stock for stock!! now, your stating HP at the wheels at 4500?!! that cavalier still has more horse than you, plus shorter gears. im not some drag guru like yourself, and im not trying to cause some "who right, and who's got bigger nads" argument but you don't have the fastest all motor pro, not yet anyways.
                      i hate being broke!

Comment

The Protege doesn't have a governor
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by RipperSnapper
                          Recently, I've been on the Cavalier forums to help a friend with some car info. They're not to friendly over there when it comes to Proteges. I mean, come on! They're Cavaliers. Whats so special about them that makes them so high an mighty.

Nothing is special about them. The only thing cavaliers are to me is bad news. Ive only had 2 accidents in my entire life, BOTH involving cavaliers.
                          One was a rear end collision and the other was when some drunken bastard side swipped my car while it was parked.
                          Sagaris

Comment

Did the 1.5's have a governor? Is the gearing different? Which engine are we talking about here, I know for a fact that the BP will hit 135 w/ a 5spd tranny (or so the speedo says, I know it's not exactly accurate at that speed)

Comment

Motegi, that suks! im not at all some J-body guru, but i'll be damned to get diss about car knowledge. i don't really care who's faster, and who can drive better but ****, put on the line w/ a car w/ the same mods and let's see who's faster. **** talk is cheap, and so are both cars. celica's are slow as stated many times, unless it has the 3sgte turbo engine.
                              i hate being broke!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsetpimp713
                                u gonna b comin out here any time soon lets do this 1st til 115 wins since the pro got a govenor
                                whenever you wanna lose. you got somethin comin

Comment

Working...
                                X