Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jho, I would be honored to assist....

Originally posted by Jho View Post
    So who's going to volunteer to be the local that helps set this up?
    How do you follow the leadership as what I saw in Wisconsin, this includes you also, as you moderators and others made this thing so successful.

Count me in for assistance Sir. I don't have you're experience, I can do things for the good of our members.

David
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

kentucky lake ftw...go campin...its by a body of water...and tons of places to camp
      Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that....

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
      - Mario Andretti

looking for gtx turbo parts...have them?? pm me

Comment

That is a good one....

Originally posted by coreo19 View Post
        kentucky lake ftw...go campin...its by a body of water...and tons of places to camp

Hillman Ferry Campground is my favorite there.

And hello from a former Logan Countian, now in Central Ky for too long to say. Damn son... you should have ridden up to the meet with me, two young ladies you would have got your heart broken though, they were so cute.

Welcome to CP, Sir.

Hot Damn that's a hot looking blower!

Save me some BBQ Corey, please.

BBQ capital of the world, baby!

David
        Last edited by riverrunnernky; 06-24-2007, 07:32 PM.
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
          How do you follow the leadership as what I saw in Wisconsin, this includes you also, as you moderators and others made this thing so successful.

Count me in for assistance Sir. I don't have you're experience, I can do things for the good of our members.

David
          I appreciate it David.

Let's get rolling!

Comment

Kentucky...Unbridled Spirit...recreation and parks,

I am in favor of Ky for a meet because of the centralized location of the State in the Eastern US., and the experiences of my stays at the parks.

My Favorite parks in Ky. http://parks.ky.gov/

Lake Malone State Park

Big Bone Lick northwest of Morehead Ky.

Kenlake State Park

Cumberland Gap State Park in the Daniel Boone national Park-http://www.nps.gov/cuga The tunnel phot below- awesome addition to the area reserving the national trail through the Gap.
            (swimming hole is 25 minutes fron the park and is private, can be leased by the day in advance. Location is in remote eastern Kentucky, it is a well kept recreation area small but large enough to handle us and plenty of parking.
            PS. they have there own security...its flexible but tight as Ft. Knox, and that is in Ky also, but not a park.)

Red River Gorge National Park

My most Favorite is Cave Run Lake in Northeastern Ky also a National Park w 2 major camp grounds Twin Knobs and Zilpo

Beech Bend park (private) is good it is an amusemet part in Bowling Green with a campground and pool park-ideal for us.

Cumberland Falls State Park http://parks.ky.gov/findparks/resortparks/cf/

Lastly, Mamoth Cave National Park

I have stayed or played at all of those above listed parks http://www.kentuckytourism.com/thing...railsroads.htm

I am a water dog so I recommend these areas with water sports in mind.

My note: No one has more fun than I in the outdoors. When it comes to water playtime, alcohol consumption is for after the water fun. I just don't do it. Too much can go wrong when we all are having fun. Funeral and Fun are not two words I want to be related when playing with friends. I have stories to back my stance.

I could go on into the next day for other mentions in Ky. Most of mine are not condusive to hold a large crowd as ours is in members.

The above mentioned are good for lage numbers to gather for events.

The way I see life is we have the same chance to make it good as the space shuttles landing from orbit, one great shot. We have one great shot a year, let's lock on a great target, I'll land the brick!

I've reported, lets decide.

David
            Attached Files
            Last edited by riverrunnernky; 06-24-2007, 01:50 PM.
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

Kentucky Never been there sounds like a blast to me!
              1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
              Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
              R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Oh yeah....

Originally posted by Crazypunkerguy View Post
                Kentucky Never been there sounds like a blast to me!
                Hello Nick,

Yes Sir you can bet your ass if CP is there a blast is in order.

David
                David
                sigpic Ky

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

I think most will approve that liked Devil's Lake, WI.

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                    Sounds good to me!
                    Sorry Jo, It's still a drive for you to go Kentucky.

We are increasing the numbers in Kentucky CP members I see. I'd love to create a Ky network to assist in coordinating regional events and soforth.

With the Central Meeting place of Elizabethtown, Ky. on I-65.

David
                    David
                    sigpic Ky

Comment

I'm down for Ky as the meeting place doe the 2nd annual.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Hmmmm if we get things started this early this thing might just be better then the first!
                        1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
                        Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
                        R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

Comment

Originally posted by EricM
                          yeah, but 10 hours is better than 20!!!! this drive is almost half as far as wisconsin was.
                          Its really that much less of a drive? Damn, when you look at a map it doesn't seem like it.
                          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

703 miles from NYC compared to 1057 i drove. ok, so its a little shorter. the worst part of the trip was those last 350 miles anyway.

Comment

1765 miles....might as well cross the whole country!
                              No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

i too am a drive straight through guy so nothing more than 17 hrs for me.. and i wish i would have made it. and i hope to make the next one. but ill have a 6month old.
                                the farthest i will drive is tx,dallas from mpls,mn ................

Originally posted by minnesotapj
                                Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
                                price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
                                Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
                                The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
                                *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

Working...
                                X