Mazdaspeed 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 94GLD-DX
    Finally Mazda is putting something out to make all those Neon and WRX owners in thier place. Cant wait till it comes out. Wonder what the availability is gonna be
    don't be so sure about that WRX (especially now w/ the EJ25) is ridiculous from a dig, and SRT4s are monsters. in typical mazdaspeed fashion, they're less concerned with 1/4 times and more concerned with putting together a solid package that'll put out good lap times.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
      don't be so sure about that WRX (especially now w/ the EJ25) is ridiculous from a dig, and SRT4s are monsters. in typical mazdaspeed fashion, they're less concerned with 1/4 times and more concerned with putting together a solid package that'll put out good lap times.

I really hope you arent talking about the whopping 5hp gain on the WRX, and as far as the SRT4, it aint gonna be made anymore, so we have nothing to worry about there. True they are gonna be out on the streets still, but I have faith that somehow, somewhere, someone will be friendly with aftermarket parts for it.
      94 Protege DX... A work in progress.
      Spring Tech Springs
      Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
      Cone Filter
      17" Rotas
      More to Come......

Comment

I really hope you arent talking about the whopping 5hp gain on the WRX, and as far as the SRT4, it aint gonna be made anymore, so we have nothing to worry about there. True they are gonna be out on the streets still, but I have faith that somehow, somewhere, someone will be friendly with aftermarket parts for it.
        no, I'm talking about the ~15 lb/ft gain and the fact that it has a hell of a lot more low end torque for launching, numbers aren't everything. and on the topic of SRT4, just because they aren't making the neon doesn't mean there won't be any on the road--that'd be like saying you don't have to worry about the camaro ss anymore--AND they're coming out with a new SRT4 based on the replacement for the neon, whose name escapes me ATM. any other questions?

Comment

AWD makes a big difference in the launch... WRX still has a significant advantage from that.

Comment

I wish this would have come out in awd but it will still be a sweet lil ride. How are the msm's? I never really hear much about them. I have seen a couple rolling around but never driven one.

Comment

I was kind of disappointed at the helical AWD they went with on the MS6, IMO it's not true AWD, because most of the time just the front wheels are being powered

Comment

no, I'm talking about the ~15 lb/ft gain and the fact that it has a hell of a lot more low end torque for launching, numbers aren't everything. and on the topic of SRT4, just because they aren't making the neon doesn't mean there won't be any on the road--that'd be like saying you don't have to worry about the camaro ss anymore--AND they're coming out with a new SRT4 based on the replacement for the neon, whose name escapes me ATM. any other questions?

If you have read what I said. I took into consideration that yes the srt4 is still gonna be on the streets. And I understand that. But what I was saying is that now Mazda is gonna finally fill in where it has been lacking in that department. And yes the WRX is Awd, and yes it would be a great launch being in one. But that is only one factor in racing. Just because the 3 isnt gonna be AWD doesnt mean it should be discredited as serious competition for it.
                Spring Tech Springs
                Cone Filter
                17" Rotas
                More to Come......

Comment

If you have read what I said. I took into consideration that yes the srt4 is still gonna be on the streets. And I understand that. But what I was saying is that now Mazda is gonna finally fill in where it has been lacking in that department. And yes the WRX is Awd, and yes it would be a great launch being in one. But that is only one factor in racing. Just because the 3 isnt gonna be AWD doesnt mean it should be discredited as serious competition for it.
                  they just aren't that close, when the WRX gets on the throttle before apex it's going to completely take off, and I'd be willing to bet that the MS will have less torque than it does horsepower, compared to 230/235 hp/tq.

Comment

wow, i was confused for a sec there...the first pic looks like a sedan hood/grille configuration...but the 2nd pic is obviously a hatch....then i looked closer, the hood lines buldge up, while the sedan hood is the opposite.

So they have made the front end of the hatch look like the sedan. A good move in my book.

I really like the front end look, very sweet.

Comment

guess I dont pay enough attention, cause I had no idea that there was a difference between the 2 front ends.
                      Spring Tech Springs
                      Cone Filter
                      17" Rotas
                      More to Come......

Comment

they may look similar, but no body parts interchange. (i.e. bumpers, grilles, lights, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                          they may look similar, but no body parts interchange. (i.e. bumpers, grilles, lights, etc)
                          That's a lot of extra parts to manufacture.

Comment

re-tuning probably won't be too difficult

wouldnt be too sure about that, if it uses the same harness and ecu types as the rx8,6,3 you'll have problems with the ecu changing things back to original settings with piggyback set ups which could be really bad with a turbo engine and boost, unless someone comes out with a reflash of the ecu, which as far as I know, they still dont have a system that can do that for the 8 which has been out for 3 years now, in order to change ecu tuning your probably going to have to go with a standalone in which case you will lose alot of your cars major systems ie. electronic throttle, tcs, ac, radio, electric assist steering, I could go on.........or you could wait for a reliable ecu upgrade that doesnt take away these functions, but that would be a couple year wait in my estimate.

Comment

Looks really nice. Just don't like the rims that come w/ this MS3 and the MS6. Old rims look better.
                              ED
                              '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                              Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                              WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by swalltr207jg
                                wouldnt be too sure about that, if it uses the same harness and ecu types as the rx8,6,3 you'll have problems with the ecu changing things back to original settings with piggyback set ups which could be really bad with a turbo engine and boost, unless someone comes out with a reflash of the ecu, which as far as I know, they still dont have a system that can do that for the 8 which has been out for 3 years now, in order to change ecu tuning your probably going to have to go with a standalone in which case you will lose alot of your cars major systems ie. electronic throttle, tcs, ac, radio, electric assist steering, I could go on.........or you could wait for a reliable ecu upgrade that doesnt take away these functions, but that would be a couple year wait in my estimate.
                                ecutek

Comment

Working...
                                X