No announcement yet.

Mazdaspeed 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm not a big hatch fan either...except the protege 5, so far, that's the only hatch that i have liked.
    ---prakash

Comment

thats not a hatch... it looks closer to a hurse then a hatch does.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yeah thats a wagon, then again the 3 "hatch" is as much wagon as the 5 is...so whats the big deal. and i dig the 5.
        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

personal taste i spose. Im not a fna of "new car" styling. I believe it is extremely lacking. & pshyical height is absurd.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Do you mean interior or exterior height?

Comment

exterior height. from the ground to the top of the roof.

place a 3rd gen next to a first gen. look @ the difference. lower them. & you'll still notice the difference.
              Car manufacturing companies strangely moved away from low center of gravity vehicles. idk wtf they were thinking. retardly large cars & SUV's..... no thanks. not for me.

Comment

I agree. I've noticed it a lot with my Subaru. Because the roof is low and it has a boxer engine which sits very low under the hood, it handles very well. It weighs nearly 3000 lbs but basically handles as well as my AWD Protege did. I haven't been nearly as impressed with newer cars in general for that reason. I think the new Corolla or the Focus are really good examples... both are tall and narrow and you can feel it when you drive them.

Comment

cough mazda3=ford focus

Comment

Oh I know, I just have never driven a 3 so I can't really say anything directly about it. Plus the 3 is narrower at the top where the Focus basically just goes straight up on the sides, making it a little heavier at the top.

Comment

yeah i feel ya.
                      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

stock, lowered, first gen

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                          Oh I know, I just have never driven a 3 so I can't really say anything directly about it. Plus the 3 is narrower at the top where the Focus basically just goes straight up on the sides, making it a little heavier at the top.
                          I've never driven the sedan, but the 3 hatch is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
                            I've never driven the sedan, but the 3 hatch is a blast.
                            never driven the hatch, but the 3 sedan is a blast

lol

Comment

Originally posted by silver03p5
                              stock, lowered, first gen
                              Plus distance... it's really hard to tell anything from a picture like that.

Comment

has anyone seen this yet?? http://www.caranddriver.com/article....ticle_id=10707

250 HP and 280!?!?! ft.lbs of torque

this is better then we could have hoped I think!

Comment

Working...
                                X