No announcement yet.

Rocketman's GTXR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wan going to use a b6t ecu and wiring on my bpt swapped bf as well..

if you want to to the boost up, why dont you just throw in some 360cc's in it? the b6t and bpt have pretty close to the same fuel/timing curves.
    festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

what the deal with the rear trailing arms,, i put a bg rear subframe into a bf, and ran into a problem with the rear trailing arms, but it was the front mount, i just had to sleve it, bf had a smaller dia. bolt than the bg, iirc.
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

That is correct...the trailing arms from an EGT fit the GTX but you have to sleeve the front bushing. These are made from a higher durometer rubber than the stock GTX pieces and are cheaper than the Maxdaspeed units.
        Clay

Comment

Picked up a BPT Transmission from Trailrider this past weekend. (thanks again man. awesome cars I need a ride sometime!)

Hopefully this'll hold up better than the B6T transmission I have now. Theres a long list of "to do" things to get this to work though...

-get bpt/ pro 4wd axles to fit tranny
          -get bg gtx shifter cables? mod bf cables? junkyard bits?
          -mod pass engine mount to accept BP mount
          -mod/custom front tranny mount?
          -fab driverside tranny mount
          -swap pedal assembly to hydraulic type & install clutch master cylinder

SOOOO if anyone has some spare axles or shifter cables, send me a pm KK?

Thats all for now. Will have more progress updates as soon as the weather starts to warm up!

-Matt
          1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
          1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
          www.werbatfik.com

Comment

This is very interesting. Ive had an idea this in my head of a RWD 323. I have just an old SE sedan and was trying to see if anything would possibly work to make it RWD. I was thinking of Miata parts (Miata rear end/ engine/ trans drive shaft) but I haven't really done to much in depth research. Do you know how much of a difference in size the Miata is compared to the GTX Rear end? Very nice work btw!

Comment

why would you say the BPT trans is stronger than the B6T one?

any proof?

To be honest the B6T box is stronger than the BPT one
              FE3 POWA
              1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
                This is very interesting. Ive had an idea this in my head of a RWD 323. I have just an old SE sedan and was trying to see if anything would possibly work to make it RWD. I was thinking of Miata parts (Miata rear end/ engine/ trans drive shaft) but I haven't really done to much in depth research. Do you know how much of a difference in size the Miata is compared to the GTX Rear end? Very nice work btw!
                The Miata rear subframe is massive compared to the GTX subframe - you could fit it but it would take a lot of work. You'd need to do a good bit of reinforcement back there as well.

Quick image search for Miata subframe:

compared to GTX vs stock 2wd rear:

Substantial difference...

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Evilist View Post
                  why would you say the BPT trans is stronger than the B6T one?

any proof?

To be honest the B6T box is stronger than the BPT one
                  The general consensus around here is that the BPT box is a bit stronger - I dont have any quantified claims no. Any proof the B6T box is stronger?

Tranny for tranny, it looks like the BPT box is a little beefier, I know its got the same gearset and all, but might not suffer the same case flex issues as the BF box?

I'm also looking forward to getting rid of the open center diff, I havent got the locker mechanism setup for it nor do I really care to, I dont see my car seeing all that much dirt at the moment, so the viscous LSD in the BPT is pretty appealing.

I do after all have a BP in there...at the very least I'll have a BP mated to a BP box.

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                    The general consensus around here is that the BPT box is a bit stronger - I dont have any quantified claims no. Any proof the B6T box is stronger?

Tranny for tranny, it looks like the BPT box is a little beefier, I know its got the same gearset and all, but might not suffer the same case flex issues as the BF box?

I'm also looking forward to getting rid of the open center diff, I havent got the locker mechanism setup for it nor do I really care to, I dont see my car seeing all that much dirt at the moment, so the viscous LSD in the BPT is pretty appealing.

I do after all have a BP in there...at the very least I'll have a BP mated to a BP box.
                    ah true, nah just wanted to know Mazda gearboxes arnt really strong i just don't see much point, unless you did a GT4 gearbox swap
                    FE3 POWA
                    1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Ahh yes miata rear = False! hah thanks for that btw. So my best bet would be to do the same thing your doing and some how disengage the front wheels for RWD but then again AWD is sick! The miata trans most likely would not fit considering how much you had to cut out of the sub frame just to fit the gtx trans.

Comment

any pics of the fuel cell in the car?
                        5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
                          any pics of the fuel cell in the car?
                          I'll have to get some, its just mounted in the trunk

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Reminds me of the Dog's Bounty Hunter wife...

Comment

Got my steering wheel installed...will be adding the cruise back in later this week, need to get switches.

Also fiberglassed my trunk sealed, I had some gaps in the panels. Painted it black, the fuel cell looks awful pretty in there now also have my -8AN fuel lines and filter to install.

-Rocketman

www.werbatfik.com

Comment

that steering wheel is SEXY
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X