No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another little update: timing is done! two days of cursing and throwing things and i got it! lol

next up: hopefully clutch and flywheel.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Wow that's clean. Good job. Hope mine gets that clean.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Wow, everything is looking awesome! Now, all you have to do is figure out how to make it AWD! Really, that little car is going to flat out scoot. Keep it up!

Comment

thanks man. i hope i can get it in. i dont have much help to look at seeing how this swap is not common at all in the bf chassis.

Comment

hey, instead of going with the oem clutch, why dont you get a stage 1? they're pretty cheap man! you'll like the feel more than a stock pedal...at least i do lol.

fyi, gripforce use N.O.S. (new old stock) clutches, so they're not actually GripForce clutches...my old stage 3 for my 1.8 was from "Competition Clutches" paid $220cdn shipped, and their old pricing guide was $399US lol.

JACK.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

hmm i might look into that. the oem clutch is like $99 so i might as well spend another ten and get a little bit better one.

Comment

man just go with a ACT 6 puck and call it a day

Comment

IIRC, Jackson Autosport put a KLZE in to a BF, even though their website has a BG w/ a KLZE listed on their site. Either way, you should give them a shout. I've done some business with them in the past, and they were very helpful.

Jackson AutoSport - Family-run business specializing in Japanese vehicle repairs and maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty323 View Post
                    man just go with a ACT 6 puck and call it a day
                    maybe if i had ACT money. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                      maybe if i had ACT money. lol
                      i just went with a act 6 puck unsprung disk and my ebay pressure plate. Works fine. I think it was like $115 shipped ..

Comment

What axles are you planning on using?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

im going to give the mx3 v6 axles a shot. im not sure if they have the same spline count as the bf 323 though.
                          Last edited by DeeAOne; 10-29-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the mx-3 axles won't work since they are from the BG chassis, but its worth a try, here's a thread i started today on fordfestiva.com:

Or here's the post

I've had a spare G series tranny for a while and the other day i picked up this probe GT tranny, i've always been intrigued by the BG V6 swap in the 90-94 323's

So the idea occured to me if there basically the same tranny (internally) except for different bell housings, then i "should" be able to swap the differentials making the probe tanny able to accept the 323/capri axles, which "should" make a V6 swap relatively simple for the BF chassis

so i tore down the two trannies today to compare and here's what i found

The 323 tranny with the 5th gear cover off

now with the case separated

And a bare empty tranny

The probe tranny with the case separated

bare empty probe tranny with all the parts spread over the bench

And here's the part i was looking to find out, the differentials side-by-side, the 323 is on the left

You can see the probe's ring gear is thicker but it's not taller that the 323's but as far as i can tell thats the only difference in the differentials other than the spline count

The only difference i've spotted so far with the gear sets so far is the gear that drives the differential is thicker on the probe tranny

The 323 gear:

Probe gear:

I set the 323 differential in the probe housing and it fits like it belongs, so when i re-assemble the tranny i'll use the 323 diff in the probe tranny

I hope it helps you with your swap
                            Last edited by Damkid; 10-29-2009, 08:21 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

oh my...lol id be scared to take my trans apart. ive never messed with the internals of one before.

if the mx3 axles didnt work i was going to attempt a hybrid axle of some sort. the 323 hub into the wheel with the v6 spline on the other end. anyone ever heard/done this?

Comment

I just used this write-up to tear down the tranny and it wasn't actually that hard

Comment

Working...
                                X