No announcement yet.

DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks ill have to look into that. what do you think about that hybrid idea?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I've never tried making a hybrid axle, but if it works, it could be easier to do then swapping differentials

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yeah. i think i might try it try it. i figure that i can somehow attach the v6 axle at the 323 cv joint. maybe take all the grease out and pull the 323 axle apart and put the v6 part in and repack it and put a new boot on it.

sounds easier than it probably is...lol

Comment

Had the same thought and posted a thread on it but moved it to a section not seen by normal members eyes because a new plan was born and I wanted to get proof before I did it.

Basically I was going to hybrid the mx3 pieces that go into the trans(28 spline) and re-boot them to the protege axle because of the length. That should work but I'm waiting till I pull the mx3 axle out so I can compare the piece with the protege piece. See if there's any difference in size/length.

But after posting another member reminded me about the kia sephia axle(the 94-97 with bp and g series trans) having the same spline count as the mx3. So I did do some reserch(along with the help of jon) found out the mx3 axle and sephia axle are the same part number so that defeated that theory.

Btw the only axle research I did so far was on the dr side because that's the axle that binds on the pro swap. I'd try the hybrid axle to see if that would work. I may pull that axle out(since its all unbolted) and take some pics
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yeah now i just to get two junkyard axles and give it a shot. i dont want to try something like this with new axles..lol.

Comment

So, this hybrid axle idea, keep me posted, I would like to know if this would work, bf cv ends on bp transmission axle ends.

Comment

definitely will let everyone know how it works.

in my opinion, it seems much easier than replacing differentials..mainly because i have no experience with transmissions. that will probably be my last option.

Comment

just an update to my idea on swapping differentials, the 323 differential's ring gear is a tooth smaller than the probe ring gear which cause too much play between the gears when installed, so i'll be trying to swap the spider gears but if that doesn't work i'll need to swap the ring gears

either way it'll take a fair amount of work to make this happen

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

This thread makes me want to do the swap into my bf hatchback, hmmmm....

Comment

swapping ring gears onto a 26 spline would be a good bet, however you'll need to figure a way to get around the halfshaft for the v6 (as it is still 28 spline) making a new bracket or whatever you need 2 do.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the spiders look like it would be a straight swap, however, as posted previously, you still have the half shaft. I would be leary of putting the v6 through the oem drivelines for the 323, unless y'all think they could handle it. The CV joint swap may be a better bet, unless the length is all wrong. How is that coming Dee?

Comment

no update on the swap yet. i was about to order my clutch this morning, but my best friend got locked up last night so being the good friend i am i bailed him out. so ill be waiting a day or two before i get anything else.

Comment

props to being a good friend, i've done that on several occasions.... even brought pizza with when he got out
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yup, been there, done that. But if you were a true friend you would have been in there with him, LOL. Props

Comment

^^^^ aint that the truth hahahaa
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X