DeeAOne's BF KLDE Swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyHooker View Post
    the spiders look like it would be a straight swap, however, as posted previously, you still have the half shaft. I would be leary of putting the v6 through the oem drivelines for the 323, unless y'all think they could handle it. The CV joint swap may be a better bet, unless the length is all wrong. How is that coming Dee?
    Spider gears are not a direct swap, i tried that one, but today i swapped the ring gears and was succesful, by next week i will have a re-assembled 26 spline V6 tranny, and making a bracket for the intermediate shaft to mount to should be fairly easy

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I believe that is what I meant, you'll have to pardon my miss use of the nomenclature, the spindle holding the spiders looked like it could swap from one ring to the other via 8 (?) bolts, according to the pic anyway. You are breaking some ground, looks like we will have to break a transmission! I would still be interested however to see if the cv joint swap would work on the end joints. If I wasn't going to school during the week and working on the weekends, I would be at my favorite pull-a-part with tools and a tape measure to make some observations, and buy some cv axles. Dee, what engine/tranny mounts are you using? Are you fabbing up your own or are you getting the stock ones to work?
      Last edited by MyHooker; 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Man this is good stuff seeing im considering doing this swap my self. Keep up the good work guys! Hey Dee, where did you get you motor and trans? So clean!

Comment

Once i'm done my tranny i'll start a new thread showing my work so i stop cluttering up DeeAOne's thread (sorry Dee) probably in the BF worklog forum

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Threetwenty3 View Post
            Man this is good stuff seeing im considering doing this swap my self. Keep up the good work guys! Hey Dee, where did you get you motor and trans? So clean!
            thanks man. i got it from a local guy who was about to junk it. the trans i got from Mazda Powered on here.

and damkid its cool man. you gave me ideas so no worries. you guys need to both make worklogs so i wont be the only one attempting this. lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

I will be attempting a V6 swap into my festiva right shortly as well, and once my tranny is re-assembled i'll be pulling the B6T/tranny from my festiva to start test fitting the V6 tranny (which is when i'll start a worklog), i probably won't do much after that over the winter (garage isn't heated) so basically within a couple weeks i'll have at least the axle problem solved

Comment

a little update..finally ordered the clutch. heres what i decided on:

nothing special, but it will get the job done. im going to run this with an oem brand new mx-3 flywheel.

Comment

good choice!

Comment

so what combo are you using for VAF and ECU... my best combo on my mx3 was mx6 ecu and VAF... also you interested in my ZE pistons.?

Comment

KL01 ECU from a 93 626 along with the VAF from the same car.

im focusing on getting it running right now..later down the road i may switch to the better combo, and maybe even get those pistons from you.

Comment

sounds good., although im not a big fan of your swap... ( not into the v6 as im sure i have made quite clear by now) .. its deff nice to see a new swap done... and your car is sexy as phuck

Comment

appreciate that sir. i hope i get it running, and dont give up as i am prone to doing. lol

Comment

lol i will say they do have a decent amount of power though, and teh sound.... =sex ... haha .... i just hope the selling of my mx3 goes through like its supposed to... i want back in the BG game

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              lol i will say they do have a decent amount of power though, and teh sound.... =sex ... haha .... i just hope the selling of my mx3 goes through like its supposed to... i want back in the BG game
                              that is one of my main reasons for doing the swap. ived liked how this sounded before i even had a mazda. lol

get a BF! join the old schoolers.

Comment

What motor mounts are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X