Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyHooker View Post
    What motor mounts are you using?
    i have a passenger side 626 mount and a probe trans mount. i dont have the front and rear crossmember mounts yet.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Are any custom mounts or custom placement going to be needed, or is this just pretty much a lego-style bolt in affair, albeit with a hodgepodge of parts?

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
        Are any custom mounts or custom placement going to be needed, or is this just pretty much a lego-style bolt in affair, albeit with a hodgepodge of parts?
        i think im going to have to drill new holes on the frame rails for the v6 mount brackets, and maybe the crossmember if i try to use my B6 crossmember. i havent decided what im going to do yet.

im still driving the car so i cant give a 100% answer.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
          i think im going to have to drill new holes on the frame rails for the v6 mount brackets, and maybe the crossmember if i try to use my B6 crossmember. i havent decided what im going to do yet.

im still driving the car so i cant give a 100% answer.
          Ah ok, thanks, i appreciate it. I know you have a BF, and i have a BG, but my girlfriend was wanting a V6 put in it (she's the one that drives it), and i was hesitant to say yes to the idea because i don't have the skills to do a TON of custom work.

I'll stay subscribed to this, i love the way your car looks.

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
            Ah ok, thanks, i appreciate it. I know you have a BF, and i have a BG, but my girlfriend was wanting a V6 put in it (she's the one that drives it), and i was hesitant to say yes to the idea because i don't have the skills to do a TON of custom work.

I'll stay subscribed to this, i love the way your car looks.
            for the BG there really wouldnt be any custom work, just find a cheap mx3 gs for parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
              for the BG there really wouldnt be any custom work, just find a cheap mx3 gs for parts...
              Exactly. Hell you don't need the whole thing but it helps. Hit me up, I'll let you know what you'd need .

Back on topic
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so, i went to the junkyard this morning..picked up a passenger side mounting bracket for the motor mount. also got a flywheel from some random engine to use as a core at autozone.. can you say brand new mx-3 flywheel for $10?

Comment

You have plans for a rad yet? I still have this civic 1 if you're interested. Make you a good deal on it
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Double check the mx3 flywheel from them. Alot of guys on probetalk have been given normal 2.5 flywheels when buying the mx3 one's. Specially lately.
                    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                    What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                      Double check the mx3 flywheel from them. Alot of guys on probetalk have been given normal 2.5 flywheels when buying the mx3 one's. Specially lately.
                      oh i made sure that he ordered for a 93-94 mx3. made sure it was the k8 engine and all. hopefully no worries.

also got a little present via ups this morning. i was scared that something had happened seeing i didnt get any confirmation emails but it came.

Comment

yea. i was talking about when you pick it up. i think its cause the probe guys give the 2.5 one back for a core alot of the time. so all they do is resurface the core, and sell it back off thinking its still a 1.8 one.
                        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                        What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                          yea. i was talking about when you pick it up. i think its cause the probe guys give the 2.5 one back for a core alot of the time. so all they do is resurface the core, and sell it back off thinking its still a 1.8 one.
                          ohh..i see now. thanks bro.

Comment

Lower it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              Lower it!!!!
                              after the swap.

im probably going to get 14's and a set of ksports. i cant take the bouncing much longer. lol

Comment

I hope you know the mx-3's in the US only had V6's from 92-93, 94 and ups only had a 4cyl B6D. You better triple check that flywheel.
                                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X