My KLZE Ford Festiva build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
    the axles arent even a big deal. any drive shaft shop can fab them up for you. and thats if your too lazy to not just swap hubs and make hybrids which pretty much anyone can do.
    Its not a question of being lazy, the hubs on my car are already an upgrade for festivas, so if you can tell me what hub will work on my car and keep the same bolt pattern as what i already have on the car, and not stick way out passed the fender to be able to use the BG axles, then maybe i'd consider swapping hubs plus i was not about to spend money to get custom axles made when at first i didn't even know if the engine would fit

So lazy has nothing to do with me getting a set of axles to work with my swap

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
    this build will get done for sure! i'm curious to see your design for the front engine mount.

any ideas yet?
    I do have ideas and it shouldn't be that hard to do lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

sweet, ya i've got a couple ideas too haha. all depends on room tho. i'm thinking you might be able to use the bracket, but just change the mount to something custom.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I'm actually going to make the mount from scratch since i don't have the bracket that goes on the tranny

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well i pulled just the motor today so i can get the tranny positioned right for a few measurements and i'm bringing the tranny and crossmember into work tomorrow so i can fab up the mount

Comment

take lots of pics if you can. seems like the mount will be the hardest part of the swap.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

nice man!!!
              -Jack

Comment

Here's the freshly made front tranny mount, its not fantastic but its strong and will do the job, i still need to paint it and install it but that won't be til tomorrow

And i just picked these up from the post office today, brand new real clear corners, the clear corners were only available on overseas versions of the festiva so they are very hard to come by in North America

As compared to my home made clear corners which were cracked and don't look as nice

Comment

wow, those corners look great!

and yea, your originals... not so nice. lol
                  ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                  ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                  What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                    wow, those corners look great!

and yea, your originals... not so nice. lol
                    lol thats what i was thinking too about the lights, i was going to put the stock orange ones back on til i seen these for sale

Alright so i couldn't wait til tomorrow to put the motor/tranny back in with the new mount so here's some more pics

Painted mount bracket

And a few randome pics of the clearances with both the tranny mounts complete, some space has been free'd up, which is nice lol

Comment

wow! looking good man!

Comment

sweet jesus that's a shoe horn haha, the mount turned out great though!! i bet you're happy with it!

so do you think you'll have to notch your engine bay out to fit the rest of the accessories in?
                        -Jack

Comment

Are you going to get aftermarket headers? Looks like you can actually get the long tubes ones from pacesetter. Sorry if this has been asked already

Comment

The weight distribution front to back is going to be interesting. Looks good though. What kind of radiator are you going to use, a civic one?
                            SPI swapped

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WhiteLightning96

Comment

unless its a road race car, it shouldnt be a big deal. specially if its primary use is drag. then it matters even less. plus the fact the KL is an all aluminum motor, when the stock was a cast block. that will even it out a bit better. not perfect, but it helps.
                              Last edited by monoxidechild; 12-09-2009, 06:15 AM.
                              ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                              What are you driving?

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                                sweet jesus that's a shoe horn haha, the mount turned out great though!! i bet you're happy with it!

so do you think you'll have to notch your engine bay out to fit the rest of the accessories in?
                                Oh ya i'm happy with the mount lol since this engine doesn't have the engine mount bracket or any of the accessory pullies i can't finish up the mounts or know if i need to knotch the frame, but i probably will need to

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                                Are you going to get aftermarket headers? Looks like you can actually get the long tubes ones from pacesetter. Sorry if this has been asked already
                                Ya its been asked but thats alright lol yes i will be buying some headers for it and probably heat wrapping the rear manifold since it's nice and close the steering rack, don't wanna melt any bushings lol

Originally posted by white-lightning View Post
                                The weight distribution front to back is going to be interesting. Looks good though. What kind of radiator are you going to use, a civic one?
                                I haven't looked into a rad yet since i'm waiting to see the room i'll have to work with, but an aluminum civic rad would probably work good

Originally posted by monoxidechild View Post
                                unless its a road race car, it should be a big deal. specially if its primary use is drag. then it matters even less. plus the fact the KL is an all aluminum motor, when the stock was a cast block. that will even it out a bit better. not perfect, but it helps.
                                This will be my street driven summer car that i'll take to the track every now and then

Comment

Working...
                                X