No announcement yet.

Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update.... Been having a battery problem on and off for weeks. Sometimes leave the car for a couple of days and end up with a flat battery. I've been unable to find any curent drawwith the ignition switched off and had to part with a $130 for a new battery. Hopefully that will be the cure.

Astina been taking up too much time but have the panels painted. Still toying with the idea of a KLDE Atsina with Lantis Type R suspension and Brakes

Comment

that'd be a nice swap, add a little boost too muhaha
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
        Quick update.... Been having a battery problem on and off for weeks. Sometimes leave the car for a couple of days and end up with a flat battery. I've been unable to find any curent drawwith the ignition switched off and had to part with a $130 for a new battery. Hopefully that will be the cure.

Astina been taking up too much time but have the panels painted. Still toying with the idea of a KLDE Atsina with Lantis Type R suspension and Brakes
        I think I have this same problem. Something in my harness is wired hot at all times that shouldn't be.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

So far i have not noticed any power draws in my car, i've let car sit for close to a week and it still fired right up with no problems

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I let mine sit for over a month, went in and turned the key Friday and it fired right up!
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

The new battery I fitted was 330 CCA as opposed to the old one which was 350 CCA but it definitely winds over quicker Hopefully that problems is cured.

Got my eye on a Lantis Type R being wrecked.....just leaving it as long as possible so I don't pay tooooo much for all the bits I need

Comment

the only Type R anything we get here is Honda
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

pics of the lantis?
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

The new battery I fitted was 330 CCA as opposed to the old one which was 350 CCA but it definitely winds over quicker Hopefully that problems is cured.

Got my eye on a Lantis Type R being wrecked.....just leaving it as long as possible so I don't pay tooooo much for all the bits I need
                    If it has the ABS knuckles, let me know please!
                    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

wow..i must really have a problem then. mine still was having trouble with a 850 CCA battery.

Comment

The bulk of our secondhand cars here are ex Japan....so all JDM How about an Evo, Imprezza, 300ZX, SIlvia, Skyline ??? MX6 with KLZE ??.......unfortunately Kiwis can be a bit hard on their cars so some not as good as they should be and too many bloody autos Have a look on www.trademe.co.nz)

I'll try and get pics of the Lantis. R type doesn't look a huge amount different externally to the std. model.

ABS knuckles should be easy enough to find here but shipping would be a killer !!

Dee... if it wont start with that much cranking power it must be a bit of a tired motor ( or starter motor) I'm surprised if mine turns over more than twice before firing.

Comment

Distributors.. I was wrong and I was right

After I started a debate about firing orders for ZE and DE motors on DeeA one's thread with Dee, Damkid and MD323 here are some pictures to clear it up.

I assume everyone agrees with the cylinder locations as 123 being at the back and 246 being at the front of the motor with no.1 being at the cambelt end. Back and front being as fitted in the car.

The TRUE firing order on ZE and DE is the same ie 123456...which makes perfect sense when you look at the crankshaft as 3 pairs of bigend journal....just like 3 V twins.

The ZE external coil cap is numbered in that order plus the coil tower.

The DE internal coil cap is numbered 123546 on the outside.

Turn the DE cap over and you'll see it has a bizarre crossover inside which swaps 4 and 5 around internally...why they have done this god only knows...perhaps to make the leads look tidier on the outside.

Therefore DE disty will work on ZE and vice versa.....assuming you have correct crank/cam angle sensors for your motor.

Clear as mud lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, very interesting. Good job clearing that up!

Comment

hows this beast coming along man??
                              FE3 POWA
                              1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

id like to know too!

Comment

Working...
                                X