Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! no. 2

Took car for Certification today and after a four hour wait and enough coffee at Starbucks to keep me wired for a week.........it passed......well almost ! only fail point was the wiper blades ....can you f***ing believe it !!!! Must be the only thing I hadn't checked. Just have to wait 10 days to get the certification plate put on the car and I am all legal. Just to celebrate, I bought a vid camera...and some wiper blades....on the way home. Vid coming soon.

Anyone know if there is a taller 5th gear available as I'm pulling 3000 rpm at 100km/h ( just over 60mph) ???? Just to keep the fuel bill down lol. Pulls like a train though

Comment

what trans are you running? sorry if its in the thread, i didnt look.

i was told the mazda 626 trans has one of the longest gear ratios of the g series trans. thats what im using.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Trans is out of a '93 626 sport hatch. I'm using 205/55-15 tyres which are slightly smaller than the original 205/65-15 by about 5%. Speedo therefore reads 5% fast ( the original speedo with an adapted mechanical drive).

Certainly not over geared Could do with a taller 5th on the motorway to make it a bit more relaxed.

Comment

so we have the same ratios then? mine is also out of a 93 sedan.

Comment

It would seem so. Mine drives almost like a close ratio box with this amount of torque in a light car. Around town I can leave in 4th or top most of the time.

Comment

well damn. i thought my rpms would be much lower than that. ill soon find out.

Comment

the 4cyl 626 or mx6 with the g-series trans has the wider 5th gear ratio. not too sure on the years I'm sure if you pm therieldeal he will tell you all you need to know.
                2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

has to be from the 2.2 non turbo trans afaik...
                  -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                  http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

^
                    good to know. i assumed he was talking about the FS 4 cyl. lol
                    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                    What are you driving?

Comment

Thx for that I'll do a bit of research on those gear ratios but I'll just be driving for a while as soon as I get the Certification plate on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                        Thx for that I'll do a bit of research on those gear ratios but I'll just be driving for a while as soon as I get the Certification plate on the car.
                        Awesome dude the first BF Mazda 323 powered by a KL-ZE in NZ :D and the first BF 323

good job man,
                        FE3 POWA
                        1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Thx for that...... Certainly the first in NZ but if anyone else in the rest of the world knows of KL-ZE powered BF 323 I'd like to know, cheers. Must be one somewhere ....surely ????

Comment

Mines DE, close enough? Lol

seriously, I think I'm one of the few in the states if any do this swap in the BF.

Comment

Yours must be one of the first DE swaps into a BF as I couldn't find any info at all on KL swaps before I started mine. Loads on BG's lol

Comment

Same here. That's why I had so much trouble. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X