No announcement yet.

Pommyvince's BF 323 KL ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey man, what are you doing with the 175 lb springs? I am currently rocking 450lb front and 350lb rear, and my kidneys have just about had enough! I love how it corners but its ridiculously stiff, almost like no suspension! If you still have those 175lb ones I'll be interested in buying them!
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

^^Shipping would be killer though lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yeah I know, I may just break down and order some from summit.
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Head gasket only getting done because the valve guide seals need changing and I've spotted what looks suspiciously like black silicone on the edges of the head gasket !!

I thought about changing to 5 stud hubs but thats even more work doing the rear as well and I already had my wheels.

Nerd..Damkids right...shipping would be a killer from NZ to the states I would guess about $100. The local spring company (Cobra)will likely exchange one set for the other...well that's what i'm hoping.

I reckon that the standard BF runs about 100lb springs in the front so 450's must be real hard :O

Comment

Just collected the new driveshafts and ,as long as my stuffed back will allow it, I'll be getting these in at the weekend. Chamberlains ( Cobra Springs, Christchurch NZ) have come good on making the new 250mm 150lb springs in 4 days !

Having problems getting one of the hubs apart to change wheel bearings and studs......anyone one got a trick way of doing this ????
            Attached Files

Comment

Bfh...
              ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

so your axles will have no flexible joints? or is this only part of the axle..?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                  so your axles will have no flexible joints? or is this only part of the axle..?
                  the CV joints go onto either end of that shaft

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

those are cut and sleeved?
                    ah, it's wonderful driving a car that goes slow.. makes it easier to aim for the old people crossing the street

Comment

They are completely new custom made En36A steel, core refined and hardened.......that's what the engineer tells me....and should be stronger than the original axles. Cost me around $600 NZ dollars. I went this route as the thought of an axle breaking in the wheel well doesn't bear thinking about !

Comment

that is a smoking deal!
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Hey bro, how did you wire the ECU constant with the dash being carby loom?

I wanna wire up my BH BP but i don't know how to go about doing ECU constant did you wire it with a fuse??
                          FE3 POWA
                          1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

If you can find a constant live from the fuse box in the car use that. I took a live feed from a spare fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet. Or you could just take a live feed from the main + wire as long as you put a fuse in the line. The main power for the ECU is 30 amp so I would guess that you would need something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Pommyvince View Post
                              If you can find a constant live from the fuse box in the car use that. I took a live feed from a spare fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet. Or you could just take a live feed from the main + wire as long as you put a fuse in the line. The main power for the ECU is 30 amp so I would guess that you would need something similar.
                              sweet yeah i did that last time i guess i should do the same again, i'm trying to use as much stock wiring as possible

I'm pretty much finished with my wiring, just need to wire in coil and ECU power

I used a BH fusebox coz it cut all my wiring in half that way i can still use everything from the BF instead of wiring in BH stuff
                              FE3 POWA
                              1985 Mazda 323 BF5P - FE3 powered

Comment

Seeming to be going at a snails pace at the moment. I managed to finally get the remaining hub apart which had "frozen" in the bearing. It only took a 7lb sledgehammer to get it out.....fortunately I had a spare drive flange as it was stuffed by the time I got it out.

I got the coilovers back together with a better bottom spring seat I made at work and got the L/H driveshaft assembled only to find the inner CV boot is 20mm too short.....aarrrgghhhhhh!!!!! Pulled it all out again and will get new boots tomorrow.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X