XelderX's '88 323 Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
    There is no tach in mine. I'm hunting for a cluster with a tach, but haven't found one locally yet.

The car stumbled like a second before it completely shut off. I'll check the grounds near the coil.
    hey man i can sort you a cluster from over here but it will be in km/h though

Comment

Originally posted by wgneyz View Post
      hey man i can sort you a cluster from over here but it will be in km/h though
      I'm not too concerned about it right now. I've been driving the car for 6 years without a tach. I can make it a little longer.

The car seems to be running perfectly. I haven't had any engine problems with it since getting a new distributor.

Comment

Just a little update. Things are still going well and I haven't had anything happen that has left me stranded since replacing the disi. It looks like I'll have to replace the catalytic converter though. There is a pretty severe rattle coming from that area of the exhaust and it doesn't appear to be a heat shield. The rattle is worse when the car is cold and it goes away when the motor is reved up or under load. I haven't had a chance to confirm where it is coming from, but hopefully I can crawl under there in a few days. I'm pretty sure the cat is original but who knows. I have been hoping for a little better fuel mileage and power out of this swap that didn't happen so I'm hoping the cat might be a little clogged. I've been averaging 26-27mpg, but was hoping for a little over 30mpg. I know the F series trans wasn't really geared to do 75mph very efficiently which might be part of my lack of mpg.

Comment

I might be swapping my old tachless cluster back in since it doesn't work with the v6. I'll let you know.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
            I might be swapping my old tachless cluster back in since it doesn't work with the v6. I'll let you know.

I definitely be interested in it. Let me know.

Comment

I got the cat replaced today and I'm so glad I did. The original cat on the car was completely trashed inside and part of the honeycomb had broken loose and was turned sideways in the chamber. Not very good for flow. The car now has much better acceleration and I can't wait to get a full tank of fuel through it to see how much better the MPG is.

Comment

hey man hows ya wagon running now ?

Comment

I'd like to see some current pictures.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

She is still running really good. I had to fix a small exhaust leak last week, but nothing major. I'm still working on the suspension and will hopefully have new front shocks and rear brakes soon. I also found out the gas tank is leaking right at the seam. Just a small drip when it's hot outside. I'll climb under there this week and see if I can epoxy it.

I'll try and get some new pictures. Especially of the new motor. I haven't washed the outside of the car in several years, but it actually doesn't look that bad except for the wheels. I've been so busy with the race car that the wagon has definitely been neglected lately.

Comment

sounds good man

Comment

great build log. Look forward to more pics.

R.

Comment

Hey man anymore updates

Comment

Originally posted by wgneyz View Post
                            Hey man anymore updates
                            Not much right now. She hit 320,000 miles a few weeks ago. I need to replace the rear brakes and probably put new struts on it, but I've been busy on some other projects. The carpet that covers the hatch floor and on the back of the rear seat has come loose. I think i'm going to make some custom panels to set in there so it will have a nice carpet floor that doesn't move around when I slide stuff around in the back.

Comment

Working...
                            X