No announcement yet.

My 89' 323 GT Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gasket itself looks decent, but when I peeled it off the deck it didn't stay in one piece lol I couldn't see any sign of damage to show where the oil and water were able to make contact

And if I had cash is go buy a torque wrench lol but I'm pretty broke this week lol a buddy of mine (the one who drove the Chevy to your place) is a licensed mechanic and has a nice snap-on torque wrench, I just plan on borrowing his lol

Edit: really??? Dammit I sent the old B6T to the scrapper when I hauled the awd protege in, but I kept the valve cover and the headbolts "looked" stock

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Awe, it had the turbo cams, beefy rods, and good crank too, grab it back if you can and make some coin!
      sigpic
      1992 Familia GT-X
      1988 323 GTX
      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Chances are its long gone now I needed to clear out some space to make room for all the AWD parts in the garage, otherwise I probably would have kept it around longer

Oh well I guess lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Meh, **** happens. I do hope it wasn't fine, and it was just the turbo seals that were blown... Well, I'm close to 100% sure the old one was toast, hopefully the turbo wasn't going too.
          sigpic
          1992 Familia GT-X
          1988 323 GTX
          2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
          2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Ah, if the turbo's toast, it'll be a great time for an upgrade lol

Comment

Well earlier this week i took the head in to get checked out and they told me it's warped pretty good and would be best to see if i can find another head (Andrew has me covered there) but i need a second car on the road ASAP so last night i threw the old head back on it and surprisingly i think it actually sealed up!! i took it for a test drive and it still puffs blue smoke under boost, but overall its a lot better then before

Comment

sweet!!! good news is good news! dowel pin??
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Ya so far so good, I'm planning to take it for a bit further of a drive tonight to gain some more confidence with it, but I think it's about ready for duty

Comment

hey man progress is looking good atleast its back on the road. I just finish puting my stock rebuilt vj14 back into my car after blowing my vj11. bummer but ima send it of to rebuild as well and i want to do the vj11/vj17 conv. well keep up the hard wrk.

Comment

Thanks, I took it for a test drive last night and for some reason it kept wanting to throw off the alternator belt, the belt is in bad shape anyway so I'll be buying a new one for it and hope it cures the problem

I'm wondering if I have the timing off by a tooth or not, it feels kinda lazy once it gets into higher rpm, I'll also need to get a timing light on it as well since I just threw the dist. on there without checking anything, just minor things to do now

Comment

I would check that as well normally u can advance the timing on this car by i wanna say 2-3deg. and u can feel a diff. I also got my car running last night sry my gt, just need to finish up the exaust but im looking for a stock dp. Just no luck finding one.

Comment

Good to hear another GT is back up and running

I picked up a new belt today but I'm on parenting duty since my GF is at work tonight, so maybe after its dark I'll get to throw the belt on and see what happens, if not, tomorrow afternoon I'll mess around with it

Comment

Put a new alternator belt on it today and took it for a cruise, everything is working pretty good so far, still leaving blue clouds behind it under full boost though lol either way I'm just about confident enough to get a temporary permit for it and start driving it

Comment

So today Andrew came down and brought another B6T head for me, i'll be taking it to the machine shop this week to get checked out for flatness and if all goes well, a buddy of mine is going to give it a port/polish job..... a month ago i pulled a KL for him, so in trade i get free port work, i love the bartering system

And this afternoon i kicked the festiva out of the garage to start on another project, but seen the chance for a good photo op

Comment

So the other day I drove the 323 to work and I noticed that once its warmed up, it won't idle at all anymore, needless to say I got a bit frustrated but after taking a step back to think about what the fuk could have changed, I think the intake did not deal against the head, that's my hopes at least because everything else has checked out good, so tonight I'll be pulling the intake off, again, and re-sealing it to hopefully cure the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X