No announcement yet.

My 89' 323 GT Worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should spray it with some quick start to check for leaks first if you can dude. It could be a few things if it's a rough runner once she's warm...sucks if it was the intake-head gasket though
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Lol well I already pulled the intake and re-sealed it, once it got warned up again, same problem, so I'm running out of ideas why it won't stay idling when warmed up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

How much vacuum do you have at cold idle? Does it fall off as it warms up?
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Vacuum level stays the same whether it's hot or cold, it sits around -20psi on the gauge you left in it

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well Darren text me saying he once had issues with the VAF connector, I just got done messing with it, still no change

I'm getting fed up with this B6T, soon I may look at doing something different with it altogether..... I mean I do have a spare KL in my garage that ran mint

Comment

That sucks man. I never had that car working 100% for more than a week at a time. If you're thinking about using the kl that came out of the Protégé, it has about 70k km on it, so it should be good for a while. I only ever put synthetic oil and supreme fuel through that one.
              sigpic
              1992 Familia GT-X
              1988 323 GTX
              2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
              2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Lol yup that's the KL I got sitting on my engine stand.... I seem to have good luck with KL's which is why its very tempting, plus I'll be getting that built KL soon so having an empty engine stand would be nice lol and the KL from the P5 ran amazingly smooth so I think highly of that engine and would feel confident dropping it in lol

I'm just wanting some reliable drive time in it without working on it constantly..... I'll wait until I get the spare head checked out to decide, if the spare head checks out good, I'll go through the work to change it, but if it still acts up after that, I'll drop in the KL and be done with it

Comment

What about a faulty VAF altogether? I wonder if that could cause the issue

Comment

no check engine light on I guess? It could be a bad VAF, could also be a bad coolant temp sensor. Try unplugging 1 sensor at a time and see if anything changes. I'd come up and help you but I'm heading back up north for fathers day. I know you can figure it out man! I've got a boost leak tester set I can bring over once I get back if you haven't had much luck.
                    -Jack

Comment

Nope, no CEL, but coolant temp sensor may be worth looking at, but I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to work on it again lol

Comment

ya, busy guy! maybe that way I'll actually be around when you work on it next haha
                        -Jack

Comment

Haha ya, I got a wedding to go to this afternoon then I still gotta finish pulling the B6/4 spd auto to empty the garage lol then I can get more time on the GT to try and figure it out

Comment

Well I can't seem to be able to get this thing to idle properly and I'm suspicious of the turbo being shot, so since I need a running reliable car within two weeks, I'm gunna pull the B6T and swap in a KL, I have all the parts to do it so the swap should go quickly

Comment

put a B3 in it, it will be dead nuts reliable lol.
                              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Haha fuk that, I want a least enough power for passing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X