No announcement yet.

Another Mazda Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided after talking with the previous owner of this motor that I am not going to open up the bottom. The head is off the block right now, so I'm just going to put the top end back together and run the motor the way it is. I know that there are two linkage bars on the transmission that I purchased so it should bolt right up. I'm not sure what a knock box is, and i will have to purchase the harness. I also need to know where I can get a fuel rail for the turbo motor because I imagine that they are different being a DOHC rather then a SOHC. I also hear that one of the engine or transmission mounts is different. I have the mounts, just curious as to where I would mount them.
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

I should have a harness for you,knock box,a ton of them.fuel rails too,let me know.I'm just down the road from you.

Comment

Thats awesome. Do you have a pretty good knowledge of the B6 Turbo motor?

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

>20yrs on b6s

Comment

sweet.

sigpic

Comment

Still wondering if any of the 626 parts are compatible with my car. Need to know by tomorrow evening.

Cheers, Ty

sigpic

Comment

Before I put my motor in, I'm going to need some better brakes. I was thinking of going J-slotted rotors and I was wondering if you guys had some tips on better Callipers, with some ceramic pads. I’m going to need stainless steel brake lines. I’m running 15” ASA rims, with the stock 4 x 114.3 hubs. Need to make sure that the callipers will clear. The larger the brakes, the better.
                Next is the intercooler. I will most likely be building my own setup, but need to know of some affordable but still decent quality intercoolers that have been used in the past for the VJ-11 turbo running around 16-17psi
                The list will grow, but this is the start. I need to start making a list and checking it twice, because before I know it, it will be time to put everything in.
                Last edited by TheDanny; 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

sigpic

Comment

Brakes
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Its been a while since I was here last. I purchased an '89 323 GT parts car. I swapped in the motor, only replacing the parts that were visibly damaged and typical wear and tear items (spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter, oil filter and fluids etc). Few things wrong. Transmission is leaking (most likely just the gasket, I haven't been under to diagnose yet.) and I am burning ridicules amounts of oil. I'm thinking there is an oil leak on the cold side of my turbo. Mazda doesn't sell parts for the turbo's so I'm not sure what to do. Anyone else have issues burning lots of oil? My Throttle body is soaked with oil. Any help would be great. Other then that the car is running great and with the new GTX interior she looks amazing. If anyone else knows of another Mercury Tracer (Ford Laser shell) with a DOHC Turbo swap, let me know.

Cheers, Ty

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X