No announcement yet.

Another Mazda Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size would you guess those wheels to be on that laser? 16's?
    1988 Mercury Tracer. (aka Ford Laser)

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

When I start my car and its colder out, the car sounds like it revs to 4000 or 5000 rpm (no tach yet) dropping off and then climbing back up in revs. The parts car doesn't idle nearly as loud. Is there a sensor that I can replace mine with? Where would I find it?

sigpic

"If you do not try you cannot fail, but neither can you succeed.....however....If you dont have any clue what your doing, please, ask for help."

The above quote does not in any way imply that I know everything, but rather that I too need to ask for help sometimes

Comment

I need to find someone that will ship from Australia. I cant find anything online

sigpic

Comment

need to know the location of the cold start sensor

sigpic

Comment

Have you downloaded the factory service manual from the Ford Laser site?

Comment

nope,

Cheers

sigpic

Comment

Its been a few days, but I managed to part out the 323 LX and although the heater core was shot, the blower resistor was good. Brand new dash installed, centre column installed and B.A.C. valve swapped over.
                Cars running mint. I have an almost new BF hood that I don't need as well as head lights. Two drive shafts, blower motor, heater unit (no heater core). PM me about anything you might like. Have a few other things as well.

Cheers.
                Last edited by TheDanny; 02-11-2011, 12:49 AM. Reason: added more

sigpic

Comment

Thanks again BFMRGTX for the download. Although I don't have the DOHC motor, everything else is exactly the same. I wish I could print it all out.

Cheers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheDanny View Post
                    Thanks again BFMRGTX for the download. Although I don't have the DOHC motor, everything else is exactly the same. I wish I could print it all out.

Cheers
                    What? I'm confused: the factory service manual covers the BF models, not just one type of them.

You have a Tracer, a gtx, and a 323, no?

Comment

Your right, sorry. There were three downloaded, I didn't realize that the third manual was for the 1.6 SOHC. Thanks again, your a life saver.

sigpic

Comment

The interior project on the Tracer is almost finished. I decided to treat myself to a set of triple gauges (Volt, Water, Oil). So I moved the CD deck down in front of the shifter where the "mini glove box" usually goes, and installed an acrylic translucent face plate for the gauges. I will try and get some photo's up as soon as I can.

sigpic

Comment

Quick question. Haven't managed to run the coolant temp gauge. where do I run the probe? I tried one spot on the top but I believe that was for the fan sensor (turn key into on position, fan runs none stop until you ground the sensor.) Any help will do

sigpic

Comment

the sensor should be under the thermostat on the right hand side(towards firewall)

Comment

I need shocks for my car, already ordered H&R sport springs. What shocks can I use?

sigpic

Comment

KYB GR2 are decent with lowering springs. Call around for pricing, and you will be able to get them cheap. They are available for your car. Tokico HP ('Blues') are listed, and are great, but they will be more, and may be harder to find.
                                Last edited by J.P.; 02-15-2011, 09:18 PM.
                                1988 323 GTX
                                2009 Mazda 5

Comment

Working...
                                X