No announcement yet.

My first 323! 1989 SE inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah im after some Capri parts. My boss was telling me the tracer was the same chassis in that year, so ill look for some of them at the pull-a-part. Im off tommorrow so i'm gonna do the plugs/wires/fuel filter and possibly go borrow Louis' distributor to see if thats the reasonf or lack of spark. My boss is also ragging me about buying his GT. He has something like 10k dumped into that car, and it dosent even run, lol.

Comment

Nice, that's an oldie but a goodie.

Comment

BOOYA! Car runs now. I'm sure the only things inside of the dizzy is the igniter and the CPS, so one of the two was bad. Drove it around the neighborhood with NO brakes. A master cylinder, rotors and pads are in order. Oh, and a timing belt, water pump and an exhaust patch job!

Comment

good to see my distributor worked.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Now if only your phone worked! haha

Comment

If your brakes are shot, do the vr4 swap now! Just converted my 88se hatch to disk rear from a capri. I removed spindles out so it was easier to swap. Remember to get the E-brake cables to keep that working.

Comment

VR4? I'm gonna attempt to go to pull-a-part tommorrow and cash in. Louis you interested in going?

Comment

im working all weekend brett. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHooker View Post
                    If your brakes are shot, do the vr4 swap now! Just converted my 88se hatch to disk rear from a capri. I removed spindles out so it was easier to swap. Remember to get the E-brake cables to keep that working.
                    i doubt he will need vr4 brakes for a auto 323 which is prob his daily.

Comment

It is never a bad time to prepare for Madness! Besides, it is an easy process that helps braking and makes maintenence easier in the long run.

Comment

Went to pull-a-part and got my capri rear disc conversion! Also scooped a good third brake light to replace my bad one. This car will never see madness in my posession. I plan to give this car to a friend as a gift. I'll post up pics of the install tommorrow.

Comment

oh......ok I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHooker View Post
                            oh......ok I guess.
                            Ha, don't be sad! Some of the 323s have to keep some originalness.

With the 3 626s, my hands are FULL! Although i also will be taking ownership of this sometime during the summer:

Comment

damn seems like 90% of the mazda guys off IA are on here
                              i think a IA/ClubProtege photoshoot is in order once the 3 of us are on the road for a while

Comment

isnt that your car garb6t?

Comment

Working...
                                X